How many Master Masons here?

Hi Sniper

Greetings Brother

Glad to see there's a few of us over here as well - good recruiting pitch you got - hope you get a few more brethren.

Regards PeteR

Good to hear from you Brethern, still figured there would be more members on this forum??It is world wide and so are we Masons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You are entitled to an opinion... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel too bad, I applaud your openess, and no sir I'm not a Mason.

I'm a Life Member of Sons of Confederate Veterans and black folks think that we are racist!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I wear my Life pendant on my 14K chain around my neck. Everytime, a black person sees it, they won't make eye contact with me.....they will stare at that pendant. When asked, I tell them that it is a "Heritage and NOT Hate" group and that they NEED to research the Morrill Tariff Act. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I have friends in your organization, from what I hear it is a great order.I do not feel bad at all because someone ridicules my fraternity I and the other brothers here know it is a great fraternity while not as powerful as in years past still a positive force... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am a Master Mason and a Shriner also,and I'll be the 1st to admit that I used to laugh and make fun of their silly hats(it's a fez)and their silly antics at parades.That all changed 11 years ago this May the 10th when my 7 month old son (my first) was burnt over 74 percent of his body. Shriners came out of the woodwork to offer their help and turned me to Shriners Hospital in Cincinatti Ohio for the best burn hospital in the world.He was already at Vanderbilt childrens hospital in Nashville which is one of the best hospitals in the world but was not specialized in burns.Long story made short,after 31 days in intensive care and 2.65 million dollars in care and surgeries we brought him home.Shriners does not accept insurance or gov't funds and runs primarily from donations raised by Shriners and Mason's.Of the 2.65 million in care we received we did not nor were expected to pay a single penny.I was not a Mason or Shriner at the time nor do you have to be God forbid something ever happens to one of your children.They accept anyone as long as they have an open bed and your child is in need of their specialized services, mainly burns and orthopedic or spinal injuries.Aarron my oldest son has killed 4 deer,and a turkey just last week, all with 1 shot I am proud to say, and played in his 1st little league game and got his first hit last night.All of this by the grace of God and some men in funny hats.If I got off track,you must first be a Mason before becoming a Shriner. That is the connection.Sincerely Tim Baldwin

Thank you Tim It is wonderful what the Shrine does and yes you first must be a Mason...Strange thing about those Shrine hospitals they are state of the art facilities except they don't have cash registers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.