How it’s done.

I'm assuming this was in an X Zone? If that's the case, glad to see they got some of the forests reopened for you to capitalize on that premium tag. Congrats, he's a stud!

Every year my partners and myself beat ourselves up chasing deer in the California back country ( yes it is there if you know where to look ). As usual we had another successful opener. Glassed this guy before the opener. We put ourselves in position to find him Saturday morning. 3 hours to circle around and drop in from above him. Found him asleep where we had left him. Easy 100 yard shot for my .280AI and 140gr TTSX.
Looks like trinity Elps area

I've hunted the X Zones and building preference points now. There are some awesome areas in the upper third of those mountains. We use spotting scopes from 1000 yards to glass for bucks. Glad to see someone else knows the secret to locating those mature bucks. They generally just lay down if you don't let the thermals blow your stock. Congratulations on an excellent buck.

Very cool! You and I have the exact same rifle and pack! I hope I am as successful as you have been in a couple weeks.

One question... that's some of the best digiscoping clarity I have seen. What is your setup for taking those pics? Most of the adpaters I have seen I would never take to the field.
I use the phone cam adjustable. I do not work for them or get anything for the suggestion. It is lightweight and works well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.