how far can brass be reformed?

rocky_lange

I read over at 6mmbr about fireforming a 22-250 brass to 6mmxc. Not only is the shoulder angle changed, but the diameter of the casing enlarged as well. Just how far can one go when reforming brass for a new design? Can I change the taper, shoulder angle and push the shoulder forward? Yes, I know quality of the brass makes a difference.

The parent cartridge in question will be a 7 x 57. I bought a Spanish mauser for gunsmithing practice and playing with the 7mm as a wildcat was one goal.

Thanks,
Rocky

I have reformed 243 to 22-250 , its a pain in the butt , but it can be done as far as fire forming you can do ALOT more that way but youhave to be very carefull to where the shoulder will be and so on or you can seperate a case head and that sucks !!

The 7x57 is a great round to build on the 7x57 improved is probably one of the best for getting gains of anyt of the "improved" rounds , you can reload them to get ery close to factroy 7mmRem mag speeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.