Can this be done?

jrg_80

I've got a Stevens/Savage 110e long action, currently in 30-06, that I'm wanting to do something with....with that being said I've come across a 375h&h barrel threaded for the 110 action. Can the bolt head be replaced with a mag head and with the possibility of some machining with the action receive the 375h&h round and work as a functioning bolt gun rather than a single shot?

jrg

You might have to replace the firing pin also. Think they used a thicker firing pin on the 110e. The replacement magnum bolt face will probably use the thinner firing pin.

You might have to replace the firing pin also. Think they used a thicker firing pin on the 110e. The replacement magnum bolt face will probably use the thinner firing pin.

Thank you for that bit of info, I will follow up on it. As for the rest of the proposed project.....do you think I'm good to go?

jrg

Did some looking over at SavageShooters. Looks like it will work but the action will have to be milled for the longer cartridge or it will be single feed. Box would also have to be lengthened and you could use a Lapua follower.

Seems they kick this around quite a bit on SavageShooters. You should check it out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.