How do we tell if we "scored" buying components these days?

Overkill338

I felt like I got away with a great deal. $100 for Federal LRM Match primers. Still four times what they used to be.

But how do we even know when to be happy with a deal in these times?

IMG_20210222_123236_01_copy_1824x2432.jpeg

Just MHO and no offense to those spending their money as they choose, but paying that much for primers is just contributing to the gouging and in the long run will drive prices up for the future, shortage or not. There seems to be plenty of resources locally for trade at pre-pandemic prices. Paying those inflated prices is just not in my comfort zone.

well if you figure 60 dollars for the primers plus shipping plus haz-mat plus tax the primers were cheap everything else is the expense and there is no getting around it if nothing is available for you to buy locally

Just MHO and no offense to those spending their money as they choose, but paying that much for primers is just contributing to the gouging and in the long run will drive prices up for the future, shortage or not. There seems to be plenty of resources locally for trade at pre-pandemic prices. Paying those inflated prices is just not in my comfort zone.
Not in this area. There are no resources left.

What is the difference in the regular and match primers ? I'm only loading for a .375 Ruger, so if there is someone local who needs match primers, I'd swap.

I have bought primers twice this year from powder valley they were 37.99 plus shipping and haz mat totaling 70.00 and that is not match primers and those always cost more

I felt like I got away with a great deal. $100 for Federal LRM Match primers. Still four times what they used to be.

But how do we even know when to be happy with a deal in these times?

View attachment 254538
If you found what you want and bought it right now I would say you did OK and from what I've seen them going for on gun broker $100 a brick is cheap

Not in this area. There are no resources left.

What is the difference in the regular and match primers ? I'm only loading for a .375 Ruger, so if there is someone local who needs match primers, I'd swap.
The simple answer is that Match Primers are said to be more precise in their ignition pattern and therefore add more consistency shot to shot. I also reload .375 Ruger. If you are looking to maximize long range accuracy, I would love to know what your plans are. loads, components etc.

The simple answer is that Match Primers are said to be more precise in their ignition pattern and therefore add more consistency shot to shot. I also reload .375 Ruger. If you are looking to maximize long range accuracy, I would love to know what your plans are. loads, components etc.
I was going to send you a PM, but it won't let me.

Screenshot_20210222-164740_Samsung Internet.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.