How Big will he get

I see your from Oho. I hunt south east Ohio and the deer quality is amazing. That is gonna be a good one! Hopefully you can get some pics this fall and show us how good he is.

This guy got a pass from me three times last season. These pics of him was when he was at one of my apple trees 50 yards from my porch in full rut. I was handgun hunting last year but he just did not present a nice shot.
I'm hoping he survived and will be back this coming season.
I still shot a dandy last season.

Good on you for your restraint, way too many juvi's like this get taken out before they reach maturity!

Hope you find him in 2 years, then you'll be looking for both freezer and wall space:)

This guy got a pass from me three times last season. These pics of him was when he was at one of my apple trees 50 yards from my porch in full rut. I was handgun hunting last year but he just did not present a nice shot.
I'm hoping he survived and will be back this coming season.
I still shot a dandy last season.
Give him 3 more years and you won't regret it!

In the Texas Hill Country deer don't get as big as the Midwest but will grow some big horns if you let them go. This little 2 year old will probably be a 150 class 8 point if he lives another 3 years.

DSC_5672 (2).jpg

Maybe we can make this thread a sort of summer scouting thread to pass the time till season. This pic was taken on my ground in a state that allows baiting. Its my first year owning this place and I have never baited before. This guy showed up once and have not seen him on camera again. Seems to have a large body though. Be hoping for more pics of this guy.

What are you running in your feeders? I have found over the years mature bucks like certain things way more then just normal sweet feed. One big buck a few years ago would not touch anything with the hint of molasses. He loved plain old lintels. Others over the years didnt like whole kernel corn just crushed. One wouldnt come in unless there were apples and that was all he'd eat. Just wondering???

Total rookie at feeding anything to them. This is just whole kernel corn. The bigger draw I am sure is the 80 acres of soybeans 200 yards south of me. Guess I'll see if he ever shows up again.

Maybe we can make this thread a sort of summer scouting thread to pass the time till season. This pic was taken on my ground in a state that allows baiting. Its my first year owning this place and I have never baited before. This guy showed up once and have not seen him on camera again. Seems to have a large body though. Be hoping for more pics of this guy.

He sure is a beautiful buck! Good luck Kurt!!!

He is definitely a mature deer

Thats a June of 2021 picture, I'm sure he is a much more impressive deer if he is still alive. You will rarely see Truely "BIG" deer if they all get killed when young. If you can manage the property well its great to put some limits on how small of deer to shoot.