How accurate can you get Nosler Partitions?

NeedForSpeed

Bought some 180 gr Partitions to load over H1000 for my 300 Win Mag. Get great accuracy (sub moa) from Bergers at 168 and 215 gr and Barnes at 180 gr. Id like to load these 180 Partitions for an Aoudad hunt in Feb . Whats a reasonable accuracy expectation? Are they sensitive to seating depth?

I was unsuccessful in getting the 180's to group under 1 MOA. Also had two 140 Gr 7mm partitions literally explode - one in a Mouflon Ram and another in an Axis doe. These were all older partitions - like pre 2000. The 7mm bullets did not exit and I found 3 to 6 grain chunks of copper/lead everywhere. Never was able to find/identify the shaft or core. I never loaded any of these bullets for hunting again.

The 30-180 PT's shoot around 1/2 moa in my 308 win. But in my 06 they shoot 1.5 moa (@ 100 yards) so I decided that I'd limit that load to 300 yards. Then one day I shot at 300 yards and that same 1.5" group was at 300 yards lol. I then lined up 10 oz water bottles at 450 yards and hit 8 out of 10 of them on the first shot. So all I can say is test them out. The 22-60 PT's can be problematic. But the 30 cal PT's all seem to shoot good. YMMV

I shot some out of a 6.5x284. Mid range load out of the Nosler book, book length. Rem 700 with a proof steel barrel in an unbedded BDL stock...first 3 shots went 1/4 moa at 100 yards.

I think they like some jump and i can't get max velocities either.
I have a 243 and 7mm i've loaded only with partitions for 30 years plus loading my dads 7mm built in the '60s.
All three are loaded between 40 to 50 thou off the lands and all three shoot in the 2930-2960 fps range and they are consistent ~2" at 300yrds.

We had to change out components (powder/primer/brass) on my dad's last year. Even with the recipe changes his 150 partitions are 50 thou off which was just 5 thousandths longer than his previous seating depth. We moved the bullet closer and accuracy degraded and we couldn't pick up any improvements.
To be fair, we ran out of mag length around .24 and we tried loading singles just to see and we got a little improvement but nothing exciting.

I've never had a great deal of luck loading the partitions. Same rifle and same load with partitions were 1.5" MOA at best vs. sub-MOA for AB's. Shot my biggest deer with factory partitions many years ago DRT. I wish my current rifles liked them.

Back in the middle 1990's I reloaded for my 700 Remington 7mag that I had rechambered to 7STW,stock 24 inch bbl,probably tweeked the trigger,it's factory stock was a Lee SIX , which was never beded or free floated ,bought a muzzle brake . I choose the 160 Nosler partitions,H1000,r-p brass & the F 215 mag primer, my reloads were a little over book but shot good ,so I took them out to my 1,000 yard range , they cronoed 3225 fps and with 20 moa NF bases it took 22 moa to get to 1,000 yds . My target was a white paper plate 10.5 inch's with a 2or 3 inch orange dot , I shot 10 rounds inless then 7 minutes , and to my amazement,5-6 were in my fist size in the target that's about a 4.75 circle , all shots hit the plate . So yes they can be Fantastic if your barrel likes them and your reloads,ps they have NEVER thrown flyers for me ever in any calibers I own, Cheers everyone ,😉.

I started shooting Noslers in the 70's starting when they were bronze jacketed, after trying to add them all up i believe I've worked up loads for 29 big game rifles, 7 calibers in 13 chamberings, all sporters, all but 2 were under 8lbs some under some were under 7lbs, all but 2'were sub MOA, with some going under half minute,

I have always got half to 3/8" groups with Partitions no matter the calibre.
In fact, one of my 25-06's shoots the 115g Partition into less than 1/4MoA. It is my Fallow deer culling rifle for home and NZ.
The only one's that haven't shot well were a box of blems that were the 180g PP. The best they ever did was an inch group at 100.
If you want accuracy, not bashing Partition performance, the 180g Accubond is a more accurate bullet in most rifles than the Partition.

Cheers.