Housing in the Pittsburgh area

Didn't find any other category for this post, so I hope this is it...

I don't know if anybody can help me out here...
I'm planning on enrolling for the Pittsburgh gunsmithing school next year from approx. august or september (must find the funding first). Obviously I can't do this without some sort of planning ahead (after all, the States are quite a long way from Norway).

I'm wondering if anyone have or know about cheap housing in the Pittsburgh area, preferably close to the school, and what such living arrangements will cost?

If anybody can answer this, that would be great.
I might also be reached on [email protected]

Do you have the address in Pittsburgh? You can email me if you want and I can try to find some information for you on local housing/rental options. I live in Virginia, but travel to Pittsburgh every week for work and stay with family in the area.

Matt

I'm currently on a computer with a silly 'parental lock', so I don't get access to their site. It can be found under 'gunsmithing schools' on the http://www.brownells.com website. Anyway, I'll send you a mail with the adress tomorraow when I'm back at my own machine.

Thanks a lot for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's a map of Pittsburgh. The school is on the Ohio River on the North West side of town--Avalon is the local name of the area. I can start to hunt down some information for you and maybe send you a copy of the local paper and local rental property magazines. I'll ask my cousin if he knows anyone from that part of town as well--they might have a better idea. Shouldn't be too expensive (compared to Washington DC or Norther Virginia). Bus service shouldn't be a problem--local public transit is easy to come by in Pittsburgh.

Send me an email and we can talk further offline if you want.

Matt Roth

[image]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zupatun/detail?.dir=9020&.dnm=7966.jpg&.src=ph[/image]

Here's the general location in Pittsburgh from Yahoo maps.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.