Local gunsmith in the Greater Seattle area wanted

wilkup

I'm looking for a local smith, like the subject says, who works with the Howa 1500 action. I'm ordering a new Pac Nor barrel and will need it mounted up when it arrives. While that's getting done, if it's not too much, I'd love to get the action trued up and lapped as well but that will depend on the cost.

Any quotes or names I could get for this would be greatly appreciated.

Brett Evans in the Bonney Lake area is outstanding, and probably the best. Another good smith is Larry Conley in Snohomish. He is a retired engineer, and a really honest and straight forward gunsmith. He is the type of guy that will go above and beyond for you.

Give both of them a call. Brett is usually pretty busy, but worth the wait. Larry is pretty accommodating and may work around your timeline, depending on how busy he is.

I'm looking for a local smith, like the subject says, who works with the Howa 1500 action. I'm ordering a new Pac Nor barrel and will need it mounted up when it arrives. While that's getting done, if it's not too much, I'd love to get the action trued up and lapped as well but that will depend on the cost.

Any quotes or names I could get for this would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if you knew or considered but Pac-Nor provide that service too ... - Fitting and Chambering PAC-NOR Barrel to Your Action (Includes Lapping and Truing of Action) for about $300 (http://www.pac-nor.com/pricelist/)

I was referred to a guy in Tukwila, Fred with C.A.R. Firearms. I had a few customers mention him and after checking his reviews and chatting over the phone, he will most likely be getting my business.
Anyone heard of him?

I was referred to a guy in Tukwila, Fred with C.A.R. Firearms. I had a few customers mention him and after checking his reviews and chatting over the phone, he will most likely be getting my business.
Anyone heard of him?

I'm sure he does well and so as Pac-nor. If you use the custom search on the top right corner, you'll see many happy LRH members.

Just trying to save you the dreadful waiting time so ... just a thought for your consideration. lightbulb

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.