Hornady A-Tip bullets 250gr 30cal bullet

Talked to the Hornady rep and he said the .284 A Tip would be a 180. That conversation was within a month ago. Never figured they'd do another 180 when they already have a 180 ELD.
They are already advertising the 190 on their site.

https://www.hornady.com/bullets/a-tip-match#!/

Screenshot_20191120-222512_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did anyone happen to shoot any animals with this bullet? Have heard of some of the other A-Tips being used and with good results, just not this one.

idcwby

Did anyone happen to shoot any animals with this bullet? Have heard of some of the other A-Tips being used and with good results, just not this one.

idcwby
Avery Adventures got a nice Idaho Mule deer with an A-Tip. Not sure which one, but feel free to check it out on Instagram

I spoke to a Hornady technician last week. He wasn't willing to give me much information. He did say that the bullet would be coming out at the first of the year and that the a b c would be approaching if not over the 1.0 mark. To me that tells me that the bullets going to be around 325 give or take

I saw 300gr advertised. .9's with the same velocity were used to seeing with 300's would be amazing

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.