Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor brass

I've only used Lapua SP brass and CCI 450 primers. My current load is 47.0gr RE26 under a Berger 135 Classic Hunter. Velocity is 2,860 with single digit SD. Accuracy is under .5moa at 400yds.
I could probably up the charge a bit if getting more velocity was important but it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort to me. I see guys getting 2,900 with 140gr bullets but it would seem to be pushing the limits of the little Creed.

I've only used Lapua SP brass and CCI 450 primers. My current load is 47.0gr RE26 under a Berger 135 Classic Hunter. Velocity is 2,860 with single digit SD. Accuracy is under .5moa at 400yds.
I could probably up the charge a bit if getting more velocity was important but it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort to me. I see guys getting 2,900 with 140gr bullets but it would seem to be pushing the limits of the little Creed.
In hornady brass it's not that hard. You get more capacity with hornady than you do lapua or any of the rest. With rl-26 in hornady brass 2900 is pretty easy to achieve with a 24 or 26in barrel. I have tried it in a 22in and it was really pushing hard to get near 2900.

I'd be interested in knowing the length of them right out of the package.its been said they run a little short from the factory

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.