Home made snap cap?

Gregg C

I wish to dry fire my rifle. My understanding is that this is hard on parts. I have been unable to locate a snap cap in my caliber, 338-378Wby, so I wondered if somebody might jave a suggestion as to what I might do. Was thinking about a matieral of some type, maybe teflon-ish, made to size and epoxied into a worn out case. Suggestions ?
Thanks
Gregg

I wish to dry fire my rifle. My understanding is that this is hard on parts. I have been unable to locate a snap cap in my caliber, 338-378Wby, so I wondered if somebody might jave a suggestion as to what I might do. Was thinking about a matieral of some type, maybe teflon-ish, made to size and epoxied into a worn out case. Suggestions ?
Thanks
Gregg

In the past, I just used a spent case with spent primer and load bullet (without powder of course) as normal.

or

Same as above except remove primer, drill and tap hole and plug it flushed with acetal/delrin screw.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts