Hog attractant - strawberry delight

My buddy lives by Tampa He takes me to some orange groves he hunts we always see pigs! They stand up and eat the fruit as high as they can reach! Root up the roads and make a real mess! I never knew how much pigs like oranges? Never thought ?

My buddy lives by Tampa He takes me to some orange groves he hunts we always see pigs! They stand up and eat the fruit as high as they can reach! Root up the roads and make a real mess! I never knew how much pigs like oranges? Never thought ?

They are picking oranges around us now. We lose some pig population to the groves and when they return and are harvested they have a citrus smell when skinned.

Just killed three this past Saturday night, I used corn, Big and J Long range attractant and Molasses. Using 5 gallon bucket add quarter corn, then spread some Big and J mix then add some molasses, not a lot , then stir fill 1/2 full repeat then to the top and repeat. Pour on ground where you plan to hunt. They came in with nose in the air right after dark, I had put it out 2hrs before. I had three sows, 15 piglets, and one immature boar. Shot the first one that made it to the bait, .223 to the head/neck dropped immediately, no movement, the others kept making there move to get closer to the bait,second one young boar another shot head base of the neck, dropped immediately, no movement another one was acting skidish and kept "growling" I thought it was a boar, another bullet to the head neck area same as the others down without a sound. At this point only one more left and 15 piglets, I did not want to shoot the piglets so i was able to scare the remaining sow off with the piglets after she took a quick charge at me... I have never heard of pigs hanging around while you shoot them.

2 to 4 liters of Big Red
in a 5 gallon bucket of corn Cover let it sit in the sun
Can add a can of skunk beer
Poor or Bury
Make Sausages

I've used the hole with 50 lbs of corn...box of strawberry jello and one bottle of Big Red...in that order.

Bucks go crazy over it if they can beat the hogs to it.

Filled the hole last Sunday, it was empty this past Thursday. Wife shot a hog there that afternoon!
20190419_184456.jpg

Not a giant, but we had "fresh shot pork chops" last night!:p:p

Not very deep...maybe 2'...it was post hole digger diameter but it's now about 3' across. We seen turkey stop by Friday also.

It has worked amazingly well for me. Put it out and then try and defend it. It has never lasted long enough to see if the deer like it. Anxious to see how the deer react. Thanks.

Once you shoot a pig they will not be to quick to return. Once the deer find they go crazy over it. I don't sour the corn. I don't know if it could be harmful to a deer or not. So I always put it out fresh.

I did 5gallon bucket full of corn soak in grape soda with a few packs of grape coolaid. Add a pound of sugar and two beers. Stir with paint mixer and drill.
Not sure it works any better than corn as I'm never down in pig country long enough to see.

We always called it stink in a hole like others the post hole digger method as deep as you can go my corn mixture is 3/4 of a bucket of corn 1 gallon of expired preferably soured milk one jar of mayonnaise cover it let it sit in the heat for a week if it makes you want to puke it is just right

I did 5gallon bucket full of corn soak in grape soda with a few packs of grape coolaid. Add a pound of sugar and two beers. Stir with paint mixer and drill.
Not sure it works any better than corn as I'm never down in pig country long enough to see.
Sounds like a nice corn liquor mash!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts