• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Hodgens Drop

It is pretty crazy. Around North West Texas we get alot of winchester powder. People literally pass it by to buy other stuff. 4350 shows up pretty often but h1000 and retumbo are very hit and miss
The thing thats really head scratching is that this place I go to is really small...how are they getting the "popular stuff" and a lot of these retailers online cant get it. Maybe its because they only what large amounts or its not worth their time. And dont get me wrong Im seeing all these hard to finds pop up online from time to time as well but rarely and people selling individually online are posting stuff I see all the time and people are jumping on it at crazy prices

The thing thats really head scratching is that this place I go to is really small...how are they getting the "popular stuff" and a lot of these retailers online cant get it. Maybe its because they only what large amounts or its not worth their time. And dont get me wrong Im seeing all these hard to finds pop up online from time to time as well but rarely and people selling individually online are posting stuff I see all the time and people are jumping on it
I know what you're talking about. My go to is a very old dingy gun store that time has forgotten and he has had a fairly good selection of powder for at least the last eight months. We had a talk and he said he just has a running order with the supplier,wish he had one for primers🤷🏻‍♂️

The thing thats really head scratching is that this place I go to is really small...how are they getting the "popular stuff" and a lot of these retailers online cant get it. Maybe its because they only what large amounts or its not worth their time. And dont get me wrong Im seeing all these hard to finds pop up online from time to time as well but rarely and people selling individually online are posting stuff I see all the time and people are jumping on it at crazy prices
Their having to fill backorders

Is anybody finding any alliant powders in any stores? like reloader 17 or reloader 22? I can occasionally find hodgdon and winchester but alliant powders are totally MIA.

Is anybody finding any alliant powders in any stores? like reloader 17 or reloader 22? I can occasionally find hodgdon and winchester but alliant powders are totally MIA.
Same small store I mentioned previously has it from time to time

It's a good news and bad news situation right now. There seems to be more and more powder drops coming out of Hodgdon/IMR. The issue I have encountered is you have to be quick on draw to secure it and willing to pay significantly more. Purchased 2 lbs. of H4831SC yesterday at Natchez. Close to $70 per lb. after shipping and Hazmat was added. There are very limited LGS stores that ever have any components on the shelf in my area.