• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Hodgens Drop

Rosebud

Stated about 10 days ago that Hodgden was going to have powder available in the next week or so. It hit local GS yesterday. Owner called and asked what I wanted him to hold for me. Picked up H4350, 8 pound jug, two pounds of Varget and one pound of Retumbo. Didn't really need the Returnbo but a friend does. he had several jugs of H1000 and Retumbo, H4350 and couple of cases of varget. I wasn't going to be greedy and only took what I needed. And this cost enough. Price was about $50 a pound. I suspect that or little more will be the going rate from now on.

Attachments

• 20220308_111532.jpg
    20220308_111532.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 89
Local shops selling more and more for 50 max and a lot sub 40. We be getting dry ride by the big corps.

Think it lasted about three days here, I was for warned about powder coming in. I reload for the store owner, So I have a few perks with them. I'd asked for the two cans of Varget to be put back in advance. H4350 was just a boon. I was up to$500.00 already, so stayed away from the H1000.

I'm seeing about $40-$55 a pound. Pretty standard. Wish some guys would stop playing like their powder is costing them $70-$80 a pound.

So odd how supplies differ from region to region. Not saying I can go in everyday and get it but when my local shop has powder it's always H1000, h4350 and retumbo. Seems like no one else can get it

So odd how supplies differ from region to region. Not saying I can go in everyday and get it but when my local shop has powder it's always H1000, h4350 and retumbo. Seems like no one else can get it
It is pretty crazy. Around North West Texas we get alot of winchester powder. People literally pass it by to buy other stuff. 4350 shows up pretty often but h1000 and retumbo are very hit and miss

Ordered directly from Hodgdon with shipping and tax for 5 lbs was $57 a pound. With tax at the LGS when they have it is $50. I guess that $45-55 range is where we will be for a while.

I'll also say this. If you really need powder and get caught somewhere online with a 1 or 2 lbs limit it's $70 a pound for 1 and $55 for two. So I'd say many have $70 a lbs in what they have.

Last edited: