Hodgdon Hybrid 100 V in 243 Winchester

Beelzebub

I picked up two bottles of this powder today. It only gave one recommended loading for 243, but I decided to buy some and give it a try. Apparently this stuff is so new that even The Reloader's Nest doesn't even list it in 243.

Anyone have any success with 90-105 grain bullets?

thanks,
B

Go straight to the source ?
Take Aim at Rifle Reloading Data | Hodgdon Reloading

Several loads there for 95gr, 100gr, 105gr and 107gr bullets

I use it in my 243 AI, getting very good velocity with it. It may be more temperature sensitive than some alternatives, but since I have not been able to buy the "better" powder in several years, I now have quite a lot of H100V in my inventory.

It pays to shop around. Sometimes H100V will sell for about 20% less than other porwers maybe because they cannot move it off the shelves fast enough.

Go straight to the source ?
Take Aim at Rifle Reloading Data | Hodgdon Reloading

Several loads there for 95gr, 100gr, 105gr and 107gr bullets

I use it in my 243 AI, getting very good velocity with it. It may be more temperature sensitive than some alternatives, but since I have not been able to buy the "better" powder in several years, I now have quite a lot of H100V in my inventory.

It pays to shop around. Sometimes H100V will sell for about 20% less than other porwers maybe because they cannot move it off the shelves fast enough.

xxxxxxxxxx

thanks for the link.

B

87 vmax and 95 berger classic hunter loads are very fast with .5moa or better in the 4 rifles in my safe

With a max charge in my 6.5x284 it great with 1/2 MOA. Get it above 65 degrees and it go's south real quick. If you want to shoot it year around you will have to develop a summer load and a winter load. This has been my experience.

I am using 41g with a 105 A Max 3093fps sd 24

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I've been using 45.5C of 7828 with the 105BTHP Hornady Match and getting 3080 and it is a easily sub OA round. Going to load a few 95 VLDs with the 100V this morning and chronograph them and see how they group. Will let all know how it turns out.

Thanks to all who had input,
B

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts