High-Country Scouting

ADMIN

Administrator
My main goals on this solo scouting trip were to learn the trail as well as I could to figure out which spots to avoid and which routes would get us deep into the valley the fastest and least painfully. I also planned to do a lot of glassing from various high perches above timberline to figure out where the elk were living. I don't expect there to be much pressure during hunting season to push the elk away from their summer areas by the time we start hunting in September. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, High-Country Scouting, By Andy Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Great article ANDY,

Please address my concern. When a hunter is days away from his vehicle is it realistic to haul an elk out. I would find this very difficult , even just helping a fellow hunter sounds grueling.

I know you must plan on steps to get everything out but this certainly takes time and effort. So enlighten me on your preferred method.

THanks
ODAVID

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.