Hi from Ca-Law-Fornia

Shootinlefty

I'm getting back into shooting/hunting after a lengthy hiatus. Found LRH site when searching net for information on varmint shooting. Being that I live in Ca-Law-Fornia my sport is under constant attack even more so than the rest of the country. This morning I was searching for reviews on chronographs and decided to leave my introduction in the members' area. Before the hiatus I was mostly a bird hunter. Hunting other game was a pain as this state suffers from the political wrangling that affects intelligent/adequate conservation. Shooting-wise I shot competition in skeet and IHMSA handgun silhouette; I am a re-loader and amateur gunsmith. I was a certified NRA firearms instructor in five areas; rifle, pistol, shotgun, home firearms safety and personal protection. Unfortunately getting re-certified after letting eighteen years pass since my last renewal would require about a thousand bucks that a disability income makes near impossible. How this doesn't sound too much like whining, it's just my "story", and I'm sticking to it. :D

At this point I hope through LRH I will be able to learn more about varmint shooting and places to find the critters. Happy Shooting Everyone!

Friend, I, like you, took a couple decades "off" from re-loading and serious shooting. Now I find it is a hobby that never will quit me. Stamina, health, endurance, and other age related issues don't seem to effect the pulling of the rock-chucker's handle or the triggers of my various friends. Your stated goal was varmits, and you mentioned you're a californican. I am a resident of Modoc Co.... and we have perpetually had a "ground squirrel" abundance. (if not dillema) MANY of our local ranchers WELCOME mature, conscientious varmit hunters. Many long range kinda guys already know of this area and it's hospitality towards them. If you don't, and would like to learn more, I would make myself available to you in furtherance of that desire.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.