Help with reloading 7MM STW

ricky b

Ok just joined the site so hi to all who reads this. A couple of years ago I got into reloading and have decided to reload for my 7mm STW. When I purchased all of my dies I bought Lee and so I have a Lee full sizing die Deluxe set. Since then I have upgraded to Forster Co-Ax press and all Forster dies, but not in the 7MM STW.
I have been shooting factory rounds out of this gun and have some Rem and Winchester (Nickel) brass that are fireformed to this guns chamber. I also have a lot of factory remmington shells for this gun that I'm thinking about pulling the bullets and powder out of.
This brings me up to the question on what die set to buy in Forster. I would think the neck sizing die set will work fine, but it seems I have been told that I should only full length size those rounds for hunting and the bigger magnums!!!!

I neck size and full length resize with Forester's in the STW. You can neck size with a full
length die just by backing it off a turn if you don't want to buy both. You'll be headspacing
off the shoulder instead of the belt when you reload, so only bump the shoulder .001-.002" when full length sizing. Nothing tricky about belted cases.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.