Help with Lightweight 6.5 build

ndthwacker

So i finally decided what caliber im going to build around. I was going to build a 28nosler but just cant do the barrel life. So i decided to have a 6.5ss built. Im gunna start ordering parts in the next few days. I know i want it on a manners Eh1 stock with a 22 or 24in proof sendero. Timmney F/E trigger. My real question is what action to build it off of.
I have tossed around the ideas of buying a blueprint from ptg, but at the price why not get one of the big name custom actions. Or should i just find an old savage, sako, winchester, rem as i am trying to keep everything between 2500-3000 but still be fairly lightweight around 8lbs.
Also what about just buying a tika t3 in 300wsm and building off that.
Im open to any ideas on what direction to go with the action and bottom metal. The age old question what would you do?
Also if looking for a cheap used rifle what are the best to convert into a 6.5ss.
One last thing, for the proof sendero barrel large shank or small shank?
Thanks for your input

Is there any paticular reason everyone is saying the tika action to build off of besides weight?

Is there any paticular reason everyone is saying the tika action to build off of besides weight?

They are one of the truest factory actions. They have a great factory trigger. They all are technically a long action so you have no trouble with seating depth if looking at a short mag. They are lightweight. And they are cheap.

They are extremely hard to beat unless you are going full custom. Or if you need something longer then 3.5-3.6 coal then they are limited there.

I do have a 7mag tc venture im not a fan of. But i thought the idea of the 6.5ss was to stay in a short action.. what am i missing?

Tikka has one length action. They have a short bolt stop and long bolt stop. Same with magazines.

Idk what the max coal is with the 6.5ss but if you needed to load long you wouldn't have to worry with the tikka.

You could go Remington and pay more for less. Or you could go custom. Tons of options but the best bang for your buck is the tikka.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.