help with barrel selection for 375 Cheytac build!

z06pilot

I intend on running high bc solids, but would like to be able to run sierras if all else fails. As far as solid bullets go my thought is to use the cutting edge 352, but am open to suggestions. Would a constant 1-10 be a good choice. I am also considering 1-8, but am concerned about fouling as well as jacketed bullets breaking up? I was planning on having kreiger build the barrel and install it on the action. Would I be better served with a different barrel maker, twist rate or bullet selection?

my intention for the gun is to shoot steel at long distance (beyond 2km)

I am planning on using a stiller action, xlr chassis, and a suppressor (elite iron maybe?) Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Pac Nor 30" 10 twist on a 375 Allen Mag (375 CT Improved) that does well with Sierras.

If I were to shoot solids I'd seriously consider a Lilja barrel as they are known to be a tighter bore which seems to be necessary for "some" solids especially those that are smooth without rings etc...

I would call and talk to Bruce Baer in Pennsylvania. just google him.

He specializes in LR guns and lot of builds off the 408 cases. He also prototype tests a lot of the solid bullets and probably has more knowledge on twists and barrels for that type bullet.

He also has an awesome 35-408 that is 14 MOA to 1000 that is very accurate. :)

We make alot of 375's in the 10 twist, 5 groove configuration for Cheytacs. The most knoledgable person I know on these big bores is Dave Viers: [email protected]
Viersco Mfg
58896 866 Road
Allen, Ne. 68710
USA
712-266-5083 Cell

Chris
Benchmark

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.