Help with .243

Caleb85

I had a remington 700 rebarrled and one season my wife caught the bolt handle on the way down from her tree stand and it broke off..had the same smith put a new one back on and now it dose not fire it will hit the primer but not hard Enough I guess..and it sounds like its bound up or something ..but if you close the bolt half way (unloaded of corse) it sounds like it should .any ideas? I would really like to get this gun shooting again...thanks Caleb

I had a remington 700 rebarrled and one season my wife caught the bolt handle on the way down from her tree stand and it broke off..had the same smith put a new one back on and now it dose not fire it will hit the primer but not hard Enough I guess..and it sounds like its bound up or something ..but if you close the bolt half way (unloaded of corse) it sounds like it should .any ideas? I would really like to get this gun shooting again...thanks Caleb
You need to contact Dan at Accu-Tig.com , he can help with your problem and probably won't need the whole rifle just the bolt. He's priced reasonable, too.

That's just a web page a few shop welders put together..not sayin they don't do a good job ..but what are they going to do for me and just sending my bolt to them?

You asked for a recommendation, I answered. Dan's the guy I use to time and tig weld bolt handles on 700s. He's not just some "shop welder". Do what ever the hell you want. It doesn't sound to me like your "gunsmith" knows how to time a bolt handle to the bolt body.

Don't think I'm being a smart ***, I just couldn't find on there web page where they talked about "time" but if you say they do I will call them ..and "my" gunsmith doesn't know how too that's why I'm on here and not back at his place..but you say he can do it with just the bolt ? And not the action..thanks for the info

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.