Help! Why did my group explode?

First off, thank you everyone for the suggestions and help, what a great forum w many fast responses. I took the gun and rounds to The "Doc" we took it apart and back together, re torqued and double checked everything, and I mean everything. Now the update.

I cheated and brought a sled w me to the range today. Sent 5 factory rounds down range and had a decent group 1+". So good news It prob wasn't gun or glass. I decided to keep shooting the "fixed" rounds to see if I could duplicate my results from Friday. Three separate groups, all in the 2" +- range. Which leads me to believe Friday's results were 20% rounds fault and 80% my fault. Call it what you will, new gun flinches, over excited, not the best rest, over eager kid w his new toy, ugh. So Plinker147, and J E Custom, you are the winners, looks like it was mostly the "wingnut" behind the trigger, haha.
Gonna load up another batch and shoot em as they are and take my time and focus more at the range. Thanks again to everyone for the help. If you need me I'll be in the kitchen eating humble pie.
orange target from Friday
Black target-center is factory loads, other three are my hand loads.

Attachments

• 8B2582F7-F4FD-4591-B82B-A6C15B7AADA5.jpeg
    8B2582F7-F4FD-4591-B82B-A6C15B7AADA5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
  • 071194A5-CD13-4C03-8DCF-2F96B83A0B01.jpeg
    071194A5-CD13-4C03-8DCF-2F96B83A0B01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
I'm glad you got it figured out!! Now It looks like I'm the first one to post since you've updated us, so it looks like I get to be the one to tell you to tie the concentricity gauge to the sled and pitch em both in the river ! I'm pretty sure the sleds aren't a welcome tool for most on this forum! Anyway, hopefully it keeps working out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.