Help me pick a 6.5 PRC

mkk

I am helping a friend get started. His budget is $1000 for rifle only, he already has a scope

We will be hand loading for this gun as well

Shots out to 1500yds

Thanks again
Mike

If shooting at 1500yds... I think you'll find the 6.5's to be very limiting. I'd step up to a 7mm at minimum. The new 7mm PRC is sure to have factory rifle adoption. Though he'd have to wait a bit. If he's going after it now, then I'd try to find a 300PRC in as heavy a configuration as you can find.

If he's a handloader, well then the world is his oyster from an ammo standpoint... but if you're stuck under $1000, that leaves factory rifles only. Most of them will not be chambered in anything compelling.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

My buddy has a Ruger American Go Wild in 6.5 PRC that shoots 0.5 MOA right out if the box (hand loads, he has never shot factory ammo out of this gun). I liked it so much I tried for a year (2021) to find one for my son and one for me, but due to covid never found one. Finally gave up, but found a Ruger Precision in 6.5 PRC that I bought in Feb 2022 (paid $1000 on GB, used but never fired) It shot Hornady factory ammo at 0.5 MOA right out of the box. Shoots reloads at 0.25 MOA if I do my part. I'm starting to see the Go Wilds now snd they are under $750.

FWIW, here's an example of a Bergara HMR pro in 6.5 PRC w/handloads - 156EOL. This is typical of it's last 4 relays @ 1000yds. YMMV

Attachments

• 11529D68-EAB1-4361-BF51-00FDFF516184.jpeg
    11529D68-EAB1-4361-BF51-00FDFF516184.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
I have a Browning 6.5 PRC X-Bolt Pro with carbon fiber stock, factory barrel lapping and a bunch of other goodies. For the money and good accuracy I think is a good buy.
The knife is a Norwegian HELLE "GT" model with laminated blade that my wife got me for Father's Day/birthday.
SCOPE-> Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 W/ illuminated G3 reticle in Talley rings. Bubble level in rear ring. Hey, it's a LR rifle for Nevada.
RIFLE.jpeg