Hello from Louisiana

Jimbeaux82

Guys, I just found this website and became a member. I am a lifelong shooter, hunter, reloader, and archer. If it goes bang or twang I like it! I am fairly experienced in shooting out to 600 yards but would like to push myself out to 1000 yards and perhaps beyond. I have watched all 90 episodes of Tiborasaurusrex's excellent series on youtube as well as read Bryan Litz's book on long range shooting. I am an engineer so am pretty comfortable with the technical aspects of long range shooting but have never applied it past 600 yards. I am exploring setting up a long range rifle and looking at all of the options. Hopefully I can get most of my questions answered on this forum to save me a lot of heartache and mistakes. I am leaning toward a 260 Rem bolt rifle either Ruger Precision, Savage 11 or Tikka but would be open to other options and suggestions. I have already purchased a SWFA 10X SS based on TRex's recommendations.

Anyway, I look forward to participating on this forum and will be asking questions.

Good shootin

Jimbeaux

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.