Hello ello from NZ

pete88

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows the headstamps of Aussie 7.62 x 51 ammo that was loaded with AR2201 powder ??
My 308 shoots really well with a AR2201 loading but I cant get the powder in NZ anymore.
Loaded surplus ammo is about, from which I could reclaim powder but I'm not sure of the H/S's
Thanks in advance
pete88

ADI has an online loading manual with current options in ADI powders for the 308.
ADI's Smokeless Powders Handloaders Guide

Taking apart the rounds ( which can not be accurately identified) is s high risk option. It would be hard to justify the reasons for doing so with all the ADI powders available.

Regards,
Bob

if the cartridge is what I think it is it should have ADI 308 stamped in the head. 9.61 * 51 is an X nato round and they have not used AR2201 for quiet a while. well not since the introduction of the 5.56 * 41 Nato round
a good ADI powder to use is ADI AR2208 or even AR2206H
I find the 2208 best for my 308 and 223

Well hello there Mr. Kiwi man!! Greetings from the great State of Georgia!! My mom & all her side of the family are kiwis......love the country & wish I could visit again!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.