Heavy bullets in Sendero?

gpo1956

Anyone with a 7 Rem Mag Sendero, what's the eaviest bullet you've been able to stabilize? I've gotten good results with 162 ELDX's and Berger 168's but haven't tried anything heavier.

You should be able to get a Berger 175 Elite Hunter to shoot good with IMR 7977, Nosler brass, and Federal 215M primers.

Seat all the bullets at 0.015" off the lands and test load workups from there.

I have gotten a new model Sendero and a brand new 700 Long Range both shooting 180 VLDs with N570 at 2950 to 3000 Depending on brand of brass.

Crazy accurate.

Even using Bergers seating depth test on both the ended up both likely .070 OTL.

I am sure the 175 Elite would do great also and be more forgiving with seating depth.

jjw
ND

Remember, factory rifle barrels are not hand-lapped, so they will have a break-in period. Sometimes that can take up to 100 shots before they settle-in with consistent groups. Once you get consistent groups, then start working on load development. But first worry about breaking it in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.