• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

Nighthawk

Hey guys, unfortunately funds have been lower than they should be since I got my new car, plus I need a truck for winter. As much as I like it, it seems impractical for me at this time. I live in Central Minnesota. Not many places to shoot deer at a mile. Here are the specs as follows...
.Weatherby Mark V action (Magnum version), action and barrel coated in matte black
. Barrel is a 34" Pac Nor polygonal rifling with 1:10" twist, chambered for .338 Lapua, 6 flutes, 11 degree parabolic target crown and a chamber that will accept rounds of 3.7". Barrel diameter is 1.2X.970" (tapered.)
. Weatherby TRR Magnum Custom tactical stock with, black nylon Weatherby sling.
The scope is a US Optics SN-9 3.8-22X58mm with a 35mm main tube and a 4" lenshade. It should be known that the scope needs to be sent to USO for repair. The cross hairs are slightly cocked to the side. Also windage knob spins freely in place (had a mistake when checking for maximum click amount)
. rifle has never been fired, comes with about 200-300 primed cases (never fired) and just as many 300 grain MKs.
The final thing is the rifle case which is custom from ICC Impact Systems. Case measures 64X18X7 or 7.5". Also a cut out in foam for 50 round ammo carrier. Also mattel black finish with wheels.
Total price about $6200 which I don't think is bad for what you get. Rifle alone cost me $5800. Rifle weights 25-30 pounds and is approx 55" long. I hope someone is looking for a boomer as I need the $ over this toy.
Thank You

I may be interested in the scope would you sell it separate from the rifle
Crow Mag

5800 USD for :

Weatherby Mark V + tactical stock + pac nor Barrel in 34 inch lenght !!!!!!!!!

I really need to moove in USA because build custom rifle is the way to became rich quick

Mark V action ( max price ) 950 USD
PAc Nor 500 USD
mac Millan top stock with top option 1200 USD include bedding

even if you add Near steel wever base with 20 moa , scope ring in steel and all steel coating you are far from 5800 USD

a full custom rifle with real custom action as EDM or MAC BROSS is this price range not a custom built rifle on Weatherby action

good shooting

DAN TEC

there is diffrence between price of something and cost

two examples :

a Holland & Holland rifle in 300 WIN MAG base on M98 military action price is between 20 000 and 25 000 USD

the same rifle ( clone ) without the Holland & Holland brand on will have a price of 3000 USD built by a good gunsmith

the diffrence in price ( not cost ) is just the brand engraved on !!!

tactical rifle is a fashion and with fashion price increase but not the cost , when you want to purchase something you have two ways

you follow fashionand pay top $$$$ for ready to delivery tactical rifle

you are clever and built with spare

purcahse a used NIB Weatherby
send to PAC NOR for rebarreling
send to mac Millan for stocking
send to Robbar for metal finish

and send the money you save to your bank count

Good shooting

DAN TEC

A guy might pay that much if it shot 1/4 moa
smile.gif

How much do you want for the scope?

sale a rifle on group is OK but what type of group ?? as

1/4 of moa at 100 yards for a 1 miles rifle if 338 LM is able to shoot nice at 1 mile is another question because there is a another big diffrence between a caliber name and the real potential of a caliber ( sniping fashion ... )I own one 338 LM but dont think that the best tool you can get for 1 miles .

on how many groups for accuracy test and how many shots ? because one group is not the true but for long range real use a string of 5 group of 5 shots can be better because if you rifle is not stable in accuracy that nor really help to make 1/4 moa on 3 shots and spread the other as buckshots ..

I am always amazing ( without anything again Nighthaw , that just general speaking ) to read how amazing god are rifles in forum and how tight are groups as 0.2 group with factory REM varmint !!!! or 1/4 moa acuracy rifle NIB unfired !!!!!

If US market is able to pay 5800 USD for a modified Weatherby I am really intresting to built rifles in USA , life is too short to miss the chance to became rich

good shooting and enjoy real facts

DAN TEC

I have no idea what it shoots, its never been shot. Like I said the scope would have to be about $3000. Thats what it cost me, nothing on this rifle has ever been used. By the way, I didn't BS the price on what I posted, thats what it cost. Plus I had to wait a year and a half to get all the parts.

Excuse me, but I have never been able to understand why people who aren't interested in buying a certain advertised item will come onto a thread and stir up things. It seems rather rude. It's a little like walking over to a customer and salesman at a car dealership and butting into the conversation about the car the customer is considering purchasing.

If you have no interest in the item why not just stay out of the thread?
confused.gif

Mr Backus.....All he is trying to do is keep someone that does'nt know any better from spending about twice the money of what the gun costs to put together...

Some people feel the need to call BS when they see it, and this price, my friend , is BS.

Gents,
DANTEC likes to stir up the shitpot - and don't get him started on US Optics - he'll rant on for days on how they screwed him over and how they are terrible scopes.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you think the price of something is B.S. then don't buy it and keep your mouth shut. Its rude to interject yourself in the middle of something if you don't have an interest or dog in the fight. Do you want someone ****ing on you every time you post something for sale?? Because there is always a joker out there who will complain about the price -even if it truly is a good deal, or you are giving it away for free.

Just some food for thought - hopefully we can all be ladies and gentlemen here and respect one another rather than let this board degenerate into the all too common flamefests whcih are so prevalent on the net these days. I know that the majority of the folks here are far better than that.

Just my .02 - which is exctly what its worth.
smile.gif

SCL