• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Heavy .338 Lapua for sale

The Long One, where do you figure that I'm trying to sell something for twice that its worth. Have you recently looked at the price of a USO SN-9? They aren't cheap. The stock was a Weatherby and it was from their custom shop. I was paying $ for their time and effort to sell a product. Same for the barrel. It took Pac Nor quite awhile for everything that I wanted on there to be put on there and I don't blame them for that. If you take away the price of the scope and extras the rifle isn't that bad for cost.
By the way Len, thank you.
Chris, tell me what it is that you think is BS? I don't sell things for less than what I payed for them, that would be stupid.

[ 08-08-2004: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>The Long One, where do you figure that I'm trying to sell something for twice that its worth. Have you recently looked at the price of a USO SN-9? They aren't cheap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No I have'nt look at the price of a broken USO scope lately...the scope as you described is not worth a plugged nickle as far as I see it.Good luck selling the gun...You will find some sucker to but it I'm sure...Maybe Len will.He does not seem to have a problem with the price..

Nighthawk--
Just because you got screwed on the price of building a rifle doesen't mean you should pass it on to some other poor sucker.
Len--
You can call it what you want, but Dantec already pointed out that you could build this rifle for about half of what Nighthawk is asking. Now, if you or someone else wants to fork over the cash, go ahead..Some people are born with more sense than money.
SCL--You stated your opinion and I stated mine. Mine, however, is worth considerably more than $.02. Actually, it is worth a couple of grand to anyone thinking about purchasing this particular rifle. The prices are out there--
You can find a donor Weatherby action for about $6-700... $550 max for the barrel and smith work and $400 for a HS or McMillan stock---You do the math. Even if you add a broken USO scope to the equation, there is no way it totals $5800. If he paid ythat much, I guess there is a sucker born every day.

Ok, as clearly as I can say it here is the new rule for responses to items offered in the Buy-Sell forum:

If you don't have a legitimate interest in or a question about an item you may wish to purchase stay out of the thread.

Do not try to bad-mouth or question values of someone else's sale item. If you want to complain about the item to the seller, do it by email.

I have no idea as to the replacement value of this item and it makes no difference to my point and to this new rule.

Cool--More Rules
Len---Please accept my withdrawal of my membership from Longrange Hunting--As Larry said after I invited him to come over a while back--You have dropped the ball.
This board is following a very similar path that was followed over on Hunt America(censorship)--the main reason you started this board--I have been with you from the beginning, but I feel its time for me to move on...Good Luck.

blblglbgfb fgkmilujj gfhgfhgfh ghgfhghg
hggfhghghl fhhgh opuiyffdh hykukgjgfj
ghgfhgh!

My wife says I have no filter...so the above text is me speaking through my filter!

Len....I approve and applaud your decision. Rules of some type are the only thing that keeps most people civil. Obviously some people don't think they should have to abide by any rules. If that is their opinion, then let them spend their own time and money and run their own board. They won't and we all know it. They will just migrate somewhere else and try to find some place where they can do as they please. That's probably how they ended up here. I am new here, but I'm here because of people like some of the ones spouting off in this thread that I wouldn't put up with on other forums. It doesn't take too long on a forums such as this to read, and understand the poeple that post. Most show their true colors but they don't seem to understand that most everyone reads them like a book and knows what they are really like. I agree that if you don't have a direct interest is something for sale, then just shut up and let it be. I'm not someone's baby sitter and I don't want someone to be mine. Everyone should make up their own mind and if they are talking the kind of bucks mentioned here then they should already know what every thing costs and what they could build it for. Strange how people want to be involved in an activity and or sport that requires discipline, precision and lots of mind control and then they revert to out of control animals that end up pouting when everything doesn't go their way. If you read most threads on public forums like this you will see the typical people that only respond to something they can debate. They only respond to something that doesn't require a knowledgable answer. You never see them post original, technical, helpful threads because that would be civil and decent. Things like this may not seem like much, but I believe that by your actions you understand that something as seemingly simple as this could destroy a board if left to fester and grow. Again, like some have said, just my $.02 worth. I know what my opinion goes for on the open market and I know what it would cost for me to replace it so no one needs to let me know if the price I put on my opinion is high or low.
Dick

Dick,we are just pointing out the fact that the gun is not worth near the money he is asking.In the effort to keep a newbie in the sport from being suckered in to buying a gun with a broken scope thats never been shot
rolleyes.gif
for about twice what its worth...If you can't see that maybe you would like to buy it...

The Long 1......Whoever you are, wherever you are, since your profile indicates nothing. I read all of the posts and I don't see any indication of a "newbie" involved anywhere. I still fail to see the "need" for you to get involved in any way. If someone is trying to sell something, just let them have at it. If someone is dumb enough to pay double the going rate, especially if it's a large amount of money like with this item, then they are big boys and should know how to take care of their money. I see no guarantees of any kind on this board or the for sale section so it's buyer beware on anything listed. You seem to indicate that your comments were simply informative and helpful but they come across as just the opposite. Each post by the "helpful" people involved started deteriorating almost immediately and soon the name calling began and suddenly people are going to find another sandbox to play in. I never made any statement about not knowing what the item/s were worth so don't try to put words in my mouth. If I decided I wanted to purchase the items mentioned I would contact the seller privately and indicate to him privately what I would offer. Obviously if I was to offer less than what he asked I would consider his price to be too high but that would be between the two of us and I wouldn't put him down publicly or belittle him via a public forum. I knew when I first read the post that the price was way higher than what I considered to be a fair market value but I didn't feel the urge to inform the world and jump down someones throat for disagreeing with me. The person selling an item has the right to put any value he wants on it when he gets ready to sell it. None of us has any right or obligation to put him down for his decisions. Have a nice day and possibly you should be out shooting like I was today instead of being so "helpful"
Dick

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Obviously if I was to offer less than what he asked I would consider his price to be too high but that would be between the two of us and I wouldn't put him down publicly or belittle him via a public forum. I knew when I first read the post that the price was way higher than what I considered to be a fair market value <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And what happens to the person that does not know...???Good day...I am done with this thread.I reall y hope someone buys the rifle..

Who are you, or I, to assume that someone does not know, as you put it, the value of an item. No one died and made you or I the guardian of all that might view something here. If someone gets a bum deal then I feel sorry for them but I don't feel like it's my fault or that I owed them something before or after the sale. I understand being helpful but helpful went out the window after the first post of this thread. I understand you being a little upset by having to "debate" the issue with someone that doesn't accept your opinion as gospel, but that's the way it goes. No hard feelings and no need to run off just because I expressed my opinions. I am sure he will sell the rifle, if he really wants to. It may not be at his original price but that's up to the seller and buyer, not to you or I. Good luck to seller, buyer and all concerned.
Dick

Wow,....1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10. I enjoy everyones imput, but we must remember we are all friends here with a common interest.
grin.gif

db

The rifle is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. And that can be said for any market...housing, stocks, cars, and rifles!

People need to be responsible for their decisions and actions. It's not my job to save a suckers from themselves.

But I will note that the present housing market is FULL of suckers!!! lol

grin.gif

[ 08-08-2004: Message edited by: trader388 ]

To all those interested and or involved. If I spoke out of line or offended someone unecessarily then I would like to apologize. For simply stating my opinions I do not apologize. I did it at the wrong time and in the wrong place. I didn't practice what I preach and for that I am sorry. My main goal would be that the board would be someplace where everyone involved would enjoy the time spent here. Enjoy
Dick