Have any of you used the Nikon 10-22x50 Action Zoom????

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by superlite17, Aug 31, 2005.

1. superlite17

superlite17 Well-Known Member

Hello guys... and gals. Thanks for your time. Have any of you used the Nikon 10-22x50 Action Zoom????

Sounds too good to be true!

2. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Superlite,
    Yes, I have been using a pair for several years . Actually I am on my second pair as I gave the first ones to a friend of mine. Both are working great, however the first pair are beginning to have cracks /circular tears in the eyecups ,they are about six years old.
    Two things about them : first is that at the high magnifications you have to focus very carefully or you over run the sweet spot. two , because or their mechanisms to increase power are not easily sealed I wouldn't use them in heavy rains . I have been able to resolve elk at distances that others with 10 and 12 power high end binocs were only able to see forms unidentifiable to them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Of course at the highmags you must use a rest . I find them to be a good tool at a good price.
    Jim B.

3. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Nikon EX Action Express ATB 12X50 - SUPERB. There is another older post that goes into more detail.

Jerry