Have a sa with mag bolt, what do i build?

I have a Surgeon/Proof 6.5cm and a CA Ridgeline 300wm. What should I build with this SA action/mag bolt?

I plan to do a Proof barrel and maybe an Iota stock.

I was thinking 6.5PRC but give me some other ideas please.
I have to agree with some others here based on your having a 6.5 Creed already. Your really not stepping up real far going into a PRC. I'd personally do a 7 WSM or 270 WSM. Both bridge that gap and offer great performance. The 7WSM has the ballistic advantage for LR vs the 270 WSM simply due to the lack of good LR hunting bullets in .277. Berger's 170 EOL and they offer a decent 150 also. Not much else out there besides the LRAB by Nosler. Still the 270 WSM is a great option

Why does "The 6.5 PRC make the most sense"? He already has a 6.5 CM.
.264"
.284"
.308"

A good 7mm fills that gap between .264" and .308" very nicely. Plus allows for a much heavier range of high BC bullets to be shot if desired. The 7SS was designed to fit in a true SA while leaving room to seat the bullet out to allow room for the heavier long bullets to not take up too much case capacity, the 40* shoulder is very efficient as well.

How about a 6.5 saum?

Why does "The 6.5 PRC make the most sense"? He already has a 6.5 CM.
.264"
.284"
.308"

A good 7mm fills that gap between .264" and .308" very nicely. Plus allows for a much heavier range of high BC bullets to be shot if desired. The 7SS was designed to fit in a true SA while leaving room to seat the bullet out to allow room for the heavier long bullets to not take up too much case capacity, the 40* shoulder is very efficient as well.
If you want something to really give you hard flat shooting long distance capability build a .300 Norma Magnum.284. No 30 caliber will stay with it. Use the 195 grain Berger Bullets and it will take anything on the planet and give you enough energy to kill out to a mile.

How is any particular cartridge known for accuracy over another cartridge, when accuracy has more to do with the gun and the consistency of the ammunition, than the cartridge design itself?
Supposedly the short/wide powder column and case shape make for a more efficient burn with less velocity variation. It's why so many competitors prefer the 308 to the 30-06.

Supposedly the short/wide powder column and case shape make for a more efficient burn with less velocity variation. It's why so many competitors prefer the 308 to the 30-06.
Efficient, yes, but that doesn't make it more accurate. I think a lot of folks are getting confused by accuracy and efficiency. Just like when people use the fake term "inherently accurate".

If you want something to really give you hard flat shooting long distance capability build a .300 Norma Magnum.284. No 30 caliber will stay with it. Use the 195 grain Berger Bullets and it will take anything on the planet and give you enough energy to kill out to a mile.
Won't be a good short action cartridge

Efficient, yes, but that doesn't make it more accurate. I think a lot of folks are getting confused by accuracy and efficiency. Just like when people use the fake term "inherently accurate".
I did say "supposedly"...
I shoot a .270 Win myself (poorly). Would like a nice Tikka 6.5 CM, but would rather stay married.

Maybe 7mm-08? Very accurate, reliable, medium sized-Elk game killer. Low recoil and muzzle blast, a ton of bullet offerings. I won one (Browning A-Bolt Micro Medallion) in a ducks unlimited contest in 1990 & kept it for the kids when they started hunting. Over 70 one shot DRT kills with that little "pocket rifle" so far. Now I have Fierce CT Carbon Edge and the wife a Weatherby Camilla in 7mm-08 as well as the little pocket rifle. Needless to say we go through a lot of 7mm-08 & bullets at our crib!

I have a Surgeon/Proof 6.5cm and a CA Ridgeline 300wm. What should I build with this SA action/mag bolt?

I plan to do a Proof barrel and maybe an Iota stock.

I was thinking 6.5PRC but give me some other ideas please.
6.5 PRC You will want to go with a CA carbon bbl instead of the proof. You will probably need to do an extended mag

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.