has savages quality come back with the newer 110 accustock models?

Hey guys im looking at buying a new savage 110 storm in 6.5 CM for the wife. I have been doing a lot of reading and it really seems like the newer savages are hit or miss. I own 2 savages right now and both were super easy to reload for and are tac drivers. I just didn't know if you guys thought the quality of the newer savages was coming back and worth buying or if i should stay away from them. Thanks for any input.
I have a savage lr 110 in 6.5 and it is a tack driver ! Really like the gun but not a big fan of the accutrigger

Rifles are like cars some like one over the other makes all have good things and not so good things . I had a 6.5x284 built on a Savage 112 action that shot 120 gr. factory Noslers at 1/2 moa at 600 yards . The accu trigger took some getting used to .

My experience with Browning is limited to 1 300 WM, a pump action that my step-dad bought in the early '90's. Try as I might, I couldn't get that thing to shoot better than 2" at 100 yds. I wanted to send it back but he decided in the end he really didn't want to go on an elk hunt after all (new GF after my Mom passed away... pfffft!) He ended up dumping it, along with every other gun he owned, when his gambling addicted new wife needed more slot machine money!
I also have 2 Savage 110's, an older model 30-06 with a rough barrel and a new 110 in .243 that's like brand new. The -06 shoots fine after fire lapping but the .243 shoots minute of trash can lid at 100 yds! One of these days I might rebarrel the .243 but if I do, it will be an Ackley or maybe even a 6mm AI... or maybe something entirely different, like 7mm-08. I can't really decide so haven't done anything with it and won't until something strikes my fancy. It's near the bottom of my "to do" list! The .22 CHeetah comes first plus I'm still doing load development on my R700 .308 & my R788 .308 gets a new barrel before the .243. So many projects and so little money (sigh). But it keeps me off the streets, so it's not all bad!
Cheers,
crkckr

THere have been reports, mostly on You tube, of the bedding and picatinny rail screws lossening. Mine were loose on receipt but a drop of Lock-tite blue and torquing to spec fixed the issue. The rail screws, for some reason are not flat where they meet the threads, so it does set up a potentil issur when the mount holes are flat bottom. Still, good old Loc-tite did the job.

I'm a little different as I seldom don't look rifles over and check out the screws torque setting ect. when I first get them . I like to tinker with things and want to be sure that they are safe to use before I use them . In the past I have found action screws loose on all makes of rifles one even after having it bedded by a gunsmith. Thus the saying thing happen .

Hey guys im looking at buying a new savage 110 storm in 6.5 CM for the wife. I have been doing a lot of reading and it really seems like the newer savages are hit or miss. I own 2 savages right now and both were super easy to reload for and are tac drivers. I just didn't know if you guys thought the quality of the newer savages was coming back and worth buying or if i should stay away from them. Thanks for any input.

Have a 2 year old Savage 111 Long Range Hunter in 7mm rem mag, that will shoot 1/4" moa all day long. Smooth action, accurate as can be, good fit and finish. First rate trigger. One of my all time favorite guns!

Purchased a Savage 110 Tactical 308 win in April 2019. Had to send it back to Savage (At Savage request and on their dime.) in late June due to bolt problems? Cannot confirm the exact problem as Savage smiths have not yet diagnosed what the problem(s) are? Can confirm the bolt face was "rough" (heavy machining marks) and had a "pit" (small hole) in it, that would catch brass from the shell face and gall, causing the bolt to work "hard" after a few shots and bolt cycles. Subsequently after 4-5+ shots, accuracy is diminished and the bolt becomes very difficult to cycle. I wait for Savage to return to me a properly working gun?

My 6 creedmore 110 tactical put 3 rounds into .275" at 100 yards out of the box with hand loads. Cold bore shots, no worries.
I don't like accu triggers.
The adj stock is ok.
The bedding block looks tough. Probably why it holds zero.

The owner of two Savages, my first Savage rifle was ok but having a really bad trigger (1994 model) that if it wasn't for the barrel the rifle would be a piece of junk, it would shoot a one-inch group before I changed the trigger. The Savage rifle is a shooter but I did not buy it for a shooter but for its caliber 375 Ruger. Savage rifles have very good barrels told to me from a gunsmith.

I'm a little different as I seldom don't look rifles over and check out the screws torque setting ect. when I first get them . I like to tinker with things and want to be sure that they are safe to use before I use them . In the past I have found action screws loose on all makes of rifles one even after having it bedded by a gunsmith. Thus the saying thing happen .
When I got my Savage Predator it came with Weaver bases (I think) and I wanted to put a picatinny rail on. Go figure, they torqued the ba-jeepers out of the set screws and I got my first lesson with a screw extractor getting the things out! Always check stuff now before I get it home.

I recently picked up a Savage 110 Tactical in 6.5CM. Absolutely a great shooter. About the only thing I don't care for is the fit of the MagPul mag. It's pretty loose and sometimes has an issue feeding. I am trying to find a metal AICS (Accurate) mag. They are supposed to be a better fit in the mag well. The 20 MOA rail that came with the rifle needs to be securely fastened and use blue locktite. It will come loose.

I have a 6.5 /284 weather warrior and I love it . Total tack driver with 18 rounds of load development.Only wish it had the stock adjustments . I will get a new 110 sometime soon. Just remember how easy it is to switch barrels on these rigs .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.