has savages quality come back with the newer 110 accustock models?

55stone

Hey guys im looking at buying a new savage 110 storm in 6.5 CM for the wife. I have been doing a lot of reading and it really seems like the newer savages are hit or miss. I own 2 savages right now and both were super easy to reload for and are tac drivers. I just didn't know if you guys thought the quality of the newer savages was coming back and worth buying or if i should stay away from them. Thanks for any input.

Well if you like the ones you have, you will probably like the newer ones too. I haven't heardabout a dip in quality. Main thing is where they put the bolt release on some of the newer ones like the 110. It is down in front of the trigger guard and is real cheesy. Most are not a fan of it. It's like they tried to fix something that didn't need fixing.
I would like to try one of the new adjustable Accustocks myself. Those seem to get good reviews. Would be real surprised if a Savage Storm in 6.5 Creedmoor didn't shoot well...

Barrelnut did they change to a smooth barrel nut on the newer 110's too? not that really matters to me but i just wondered. I had read that somewhere and was unsure if it was true

Hey guys im looking at buying a new savage 110 storm in 6.5 CM for the wife. I have been doing a lot of reading and it really seems like the newer savages are hit or miss. I own 2 savages right now and both were super easy to reload for and are tac drivers. I just didn't know if you guys thought the quality of the newer savages was coming back and worth buying or if i should stay away from them. Thanks for any input.
My 12 yr old son has the 110 storm in 223 - gun is awesome and shoots everything we have run through it in little groups. The new accufit accustock is bomb.com.

I didnt realize savages quality ever took a dump, unless you are referring to the Axis stuff. I have owned several over the years and every single one has been a shooter.

I had just read that people were saying their quality had gone down.. I personally haven't encountered it I have 2 model 10's and love them both of them.. so far this is good news that you guys didnt know of the quality issues probably just internet BS!

I've got a 2012 vintage FCP-SR (308 digital camo), a 2017 Predator in .204 Ruger, and a 2018 Savage Custom Shop build in 6.5-284. Build quality is consistent for all 3 and they are friggin' tack-drivers! For the money, you simply can't beat them in my opinion.

Buy with confidence, you won't be disappointed. I personally don't like the bottom bolt release or the smooth barrel nut, but those changes don't impact how the guns shoot.

The Accufit stock is pretty decent. I think the thing about Savage is that they somehow manage to really focus on the stuff that matters. Case in point is the floating bolt head design and how it self-centers. In addition, the Accutriggers are pretty tough and reliable in my estimation. On that 6.5-284 build I had them do, I was so impressed with the bolt. It is jeweled and so nicely polished. Anyway, some folks think they are a bit clunky and kinda "Plain-Jane". I get it but "Form follows Function" as they say. I got rifles that cost 3 times as much, look great, but get out-shot by the Savages on a semi-regular basis during any given range session. Savage is to rifles what AC/DC is to rock and roll. Straight at ya, no nonsense, kick *** quality without the frills.

YZ-80 you into dirt bikes too? Not trying to change the subject just wondered

Well in a manner of speaking, yes. But the YZ-80 reference harkens back to my dreams as a youth in the 70's and 80's (the Bob "Hurricane" Hannah days). I never got my YZ-80 but later in life managed to acquire 2 BMWs, 2 Harley's, a Ducati and a Motoguzzi, none of which faired well in the dirt, except maybe the R1150GS.

So anyway, now I collect Savages, Coopers, Sako's and Weatherbys and talk about them here!

All the road bikes are gone since 2010. I gave it up when all the texting and driving started!

Good choice on getting off the road when the texting and driving started,I also no longer have any on road bikes but still race motocross and ride off road a lot. Also collect Honda 3 wheelers lol. I have to many hobbies!! Anyways sorry to get off subject. Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'm going to go for it. It's what I really want to buy so why not get it. The only other thing I was considering was a browning x bolt of some form but I really wanted the savage..

Good choice on getting off the road when the texting and driving started,I also no longer have any on road bikes but still race motocross and ride off road a lot. Also collect Honda 3 wheelers lol. I have to many hobbies!! Anyways sorry to get off subject. Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'm going to go for it. It's what I really want to buy so why not get it. The only other thing I was considering was a browning x bolt of some form but I really wanted the savage..
Yes sir! Back to Savages! Now you had to go and mention Brownings! Another of the best "production" rifles out there, IMHO. I would buy either, but of course the Savage is probably more cost effective. If you can get your hands on any of the early/mid 90's A-bolts, they are great too!

Ya i really want to keep this one a production rifle. so i figured either a browning or a savage are my better choices for the price and to be honest im not a huge fan of the R700. I havent owned many or shot many but i just havent had the best luck with the production based R700's. im working on load development for a R700 in 7RM right now and its just fighting me the whole time. lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.