Hard and Soft cases for rifle transport

Clubhunter

I was wondering what most of you use to transport your rifles on hunts. With the longer barrel rifles that are used for long range, are there special hard cases that you use. Also for local transporting are there some soft side cases that accommodate the larger rifles and scopes.

For local trips to the range I like the case I got from prone 2 success. Fits my rem 700 with a tall scope and bipod on it, and cost under 90 bucks.

My LR rigs are transported without barrels attached in an aluminium hard case of my own design. It holds the stocked action, and 3 barrels if needed.
My expensive custom rifles for DG all have Winchester aluminium hard cases, my general hunting rifles either get an aluminium hard case, for long haul trips, but generally just get a soft padded bag and put behind my seats in my cab/chassis truck.
We have stupid transportation laws here, no gun can be in plain view during transport! Even in a gun bag or case.

Cheers.
gun)

For local and hunting mines in a drag bag,nice buckle up can easy tie off to horse.Its also a shooting matt,which I like in snow.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.