Hank Williams Jr.

Rum River

I work at a gun shop in central Minnesota. Hank Williams Jr. was in the area and had heard about the store - he stopped in on two different days for a couple hours each.

At one point, it was just he and I talking while in the parking lot by his vehicle. He had a guitar case in the back (who'd a thought, right?) and he asked if I'd like to see it. A beautiful custom acoustic he's had for 25 years.

Gotta say, it was VERY cool to visit with the gentleman!

Yuppers,,, our two down to earth folks was Wilff Carter and still alive Dicky Damron... Awesomeness fore sure

We have a few newer country music folks in the area,,, but they ain't like the old timers.

Tommy Hunter and Al Tourney came out to our farm a few times when they were on tour...

Simple folk that like to shoot the Chat you know

I keep forgetting to post that........he came back.
The above happened in August when he was on a fishing trip, Labor Day weekend he was hunting black bear and stopped at the store again.

It was Sunday of the holiday weekend so we had a bunch of customers. A number of folks asked for a pic with him, all of those I witnessed asking him got their photo op.

A Dad and his middle-school age son had been in the range sighting in the son's squirrel rifle. Dad was talking to Hank and suggested his son show Hank his target. Hank engaged that young man in conversation for a good five minutes - congratulated him on how well he'd done.

Later on when one fellow checking out at the register realized it was Hank talking to someone just 10 feet away, he left his credit card in the reader to go for a picture before I could finish his purchase.

At another point Mr. Williams asked for my help with something - I said I was with one customer but would be with him as quick as I could. He replied with something like; "You take care of that other fella first, he was ahead of me."

It was a good time........

Hank and I got to be good friends when he'd come down to hunt whitetails. He was an excellent shot with rifle, pistol and shotgun. Also a regular guy that loves to hunt & fish.

I have a ton of Hank stories he shared with me and some doozies that his wife, Mary Jane, shared. I think I'll write a book of them. Of course, he'll have to die first. LOL

IMG_20160417_213038.jpg

Back in our wilder days, before we turned grey.

Hank and I got to be good friends when he'd come down to hunt whitetails. He was an excellent shot with rifle, pistol and shotgun. Also a regular guy that loves to hunt & fish.

I have a ton of Hank stories he shared with me and some doozies that his wife, Mary Jane, shared. I think I'll write a book of them. Of course, he'll have to die first. LOL

View attachment 169867

Back in our wilder days, before we turned grey.
I saw him when he was 16 at Sunset Park In West Grove,Pa.Next time you see him ask him if he remembers Sunset.His dad played there

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.