Handheld / Pocket PC for EXBAL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dennis_in_VA, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Dennis_in_VA

Dennis_in_VA Well-Known Member

I was snooping around and found out that "Santa" (read that as "Wife") has ordered a copy of Nighforce softwre for pocket PC for me as a Christmas present (Shhh.. don't talk too loud, she might hear us giggling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). Now I have to come up with a unit to put this software on. What do you guys here use (brand / model )? She should of had her sister order it (I always check our banking accounts on-line).

2. slophish

slophish Member

Dennis, I've been using a DELL x51v. It will easily handle the NF exbal program and then some. One thing I would suggest is an otterbox for water/bulletproofing against drops, rain, snow, etc.

Good luck

3. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

I also use a X51

4. Dennis_in_VA

Dennis_in_VA Well-Known Member

Did you both get them direct from Dell or did you go thru Ebay? I want to get by with as little an investment as possible. Is there a less expensive unit that can run EXBAL?

5. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

I use an old Palm III that I got off ebay.Nice and cheap so if it breaks or gets lost I wont cry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Ernie

Ernie SPONSOR

Yes, it doesn't take that fast of a pocket PC to run Exbal.
    Gerald has a version for both the pocket PC and the Palm.
    I did buy mine new from Dell, but you can get used ones cheaper. Gerald's Dell is an older version than mine (don't remember) and it works just great on his.