Question for you Exbal folks...

41mag

I have the Exbal program on my pc as well as a hand held unit. I was sitting here with little else to do the other day and decided to practice with is some. So since I couldn't go shoot, I figured the closest thing was a simulation. So I pulled up this site and went to it.
Long Range Shooting Simulation

Well after reading through all of the stuff on the site, I sighted in and started. The first round, I pulled up the conditions, and everything else, plugged it in to my program, found the setting and dialed it in and missed completely. No problem I thought, this is all pretty new to me anyway so I kept on. Well after about 20 minutes of screwing with it, I decided to pull up the calculator and have a go at it that way. Same results. Not even close to the intended targets.

So, if some of you have a little spare time on your hands and feel up to explaining to me, what I might be doing wrong, or where the differences lie in the two programs I would definately appreciate it. Maybe I am just brain dead on this like I was to algebra. Course this didn't slow me down one bit when I was pipefitting. Laying out the angles, using the sines, cosines, tangents, and such was a non issue.

This said, in "real world" shooting, I have used the handheld several times to get the results I needed. However, I am looing for answers on why I couldn't get things right on the other program.

Thanks

Incorrect range estimation? Judging long range to the nearest 1/10 Mil isnt easy.I ordered the disc for that program and played with it quite a bit but never tried to test it against Exbal.I was more interested in learning the Mil ranging system,but ultimately decided to go with an MOA reticle.I'll have to dig it out and see if Exbal will match it.

Hey, that was fun.......

Ran thru the stages and took no more than 3 shots to hit the target/holder. Just went by the "dust" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Powder and bullets were cheap, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy , Roy , Roy,

you missed the fly ! or did you even see it ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So, if some of you have a little spare time on your hands and feel up to explaining to me, what I might be doing wrong, or where the differences lie in the two programs I would definately appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mike,
I don't have Exbal but the ranging scope on the simulation is 10x. If you switch to 20x, the target is magnified but it does not mil correctly. You have to mil the target in 10x. Give that a try and see if it makes the two compare better. I hear you on the algebra thing, too. BartB pointed out to me that I could be the president of the new number fumblers organization if it ever starts up. It never affected my work either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts