Hammer Bullets Pic

Saying there is no market out there, is a matter of opinion.

The hard evidence is that the mass manufacturers of bullets are busy marketing the other calibers, preferentially over the two calibers you're interested in. Opinions may talk more than money, but sales and profit drive business decisions. The decisions that determine business success or failure.

If you were the one making and selling the bullets, would you prioritize manufacture of bullets in calibers used by ~5% of customers, or in calibers used by 50% of your potential purchasers? If you choose 5%, that explains why you're not making bullets for a living. You might try to address that 5% of the customer pool after you'd completely addressed (oversupplied) the 95% of the market. But even then most likely only in the most popular bullet weights in those calibers - initially.

Most manufacturers want to maximize the odds for success. In doing so, their business decisions rely on something more than if we build it, they will come. Something more than a field of dreams. Hammer Bullets is no different. They have to focus on business success, initially. They are unique in that the tool up costs for production of odd caliber bullets is much less with their manufacturing process compared to most other bullet manufacturers. Otherwise they wouldn't be offering the oddball bullet calibers at business startup.

I'm with mud I feel left out and have less than 100 rounds on my 25 tube 1/10. If there were a high bc 25 bullet I would be inclined to rebarrel and eat the cost. But as it is now. I would be buying a barrel and labor, then having a company make a bullet in hopes that my gun will like it. Right now there is not any even if there were two high bc bullets I would think about it. And I don't think 25 is dead as I know of many people getting crazy and doing 25 build in wildcat at type stuff.

As a matter of fact I'm gonna be building a light weight 6.5 in the near future. This will cost ten fold what a new 1/7 twist .25 barrel would cost but I'm still without a bullet.

Re: Expanded Hammer Bullets Pic

I have no doubt these bullets will shoot. I want to see some expanded bullet pics ... :)

I just took delivery of a big, beautiful, Benchmark barrel blank
in 8mm (10 twist) for a very reasonable price. They do offer
a 9 twist. I ordered a 32-in MTU contour (very heavy).

Folks, the barrel of a rifle is like the cylinder heads on an engine.
With good heads, the world is your oyster.

Dale Janzen and Chinchaga bullets does a .25 bullet, no clue on BC but I believe it's a 135gr? Should be in this PDF listing

Attachments

• BULLETPRICELIST2016.5.pdf
    149.2 KB · Views: 149
I'm with mud I feel left out and have less than 100 rounds on my 25 tube 1/10. If there were a high bc 25 bullet I would be inclined to rebarrel and eat the cost. But as it is now. I would be buying a barrel and labor, then having a company make a bullet in hopes that my gun will like it. Right now there is not any even if there were two high bc bullets I would think about it. And I don't think 25 is dead as I know of many people getting crazy and doing 25 build in wildcat at type stuff.

Exactly... And if the .25's were "dead", then why the hell does every manufacturer still offer multiple rifles in .25-06? And half of them offer them in .257 Wby... Some semi-custom manufacturers even offer the .257 Roberts chambering. I still hear and see tons of folks shooting the .25-06 down here in Alabama. Our deer don't get all that huge (weight and body mass), so the .25-06 is a very widely used cartridge here in the South...Right up there with a .270 Win and a .30-06 Sprg, which are considered to be "staple" deer hunting rounds down here. You walk into any deer camp, and I bet you'll see more of those 2 cartridges than anything else. The 7mmRM, .25-06, and .300WM are also very popular.

But people who don't like the .25's will find every reason to say the market is "dead" for them. It's very easy to disregard something that doesn't directly affect you...And that's just a fact of human nature. The fact is, it's only semi-dead because of a combination of rifle & barrel manufacturers not offering optimal twist rates, and bullet manufacturers not making the heavy high BC bullets when they were designing them for every other caliber... It's like they skipped-over the .257 and 8mm on purpose. And now that everything else has evolved, and the .257 and 8mm did not, it has caused a lack of popularity these days, comparatively.

With my .25-06 AI pushing nearly .257 Wby velocities in a 26" barrel, I would LOVE to slow it down some, and still be over 3,100+ with a 130-140gr Hybrid EOL bullet. I would bet with an optimal twist, the BC's of a 130-140gr .257 VLD/Hybrid type bullet would beat the 6.5 130-140 class bullets. Similar weight, but a smaller diameter and a sleeker profile would mean better BC.

Once again, nobody necessarily has to agree with it...Just my thoughts.

Oh, and my apologies Steve for helping getting your thread so far off-track. I wasn't trying to stir up a debate, I was just wanting to get your thoughts on something to know if it would be possible in the future.

Back to the thread that was started on the topic of the Hammer bullets!! I've ran a pretty exhaustive seating depth test on some Hammers in my 308 from .005 to .090 in .005 increments of the lands and it was very hard to make out any difference, very easy to tune bullet especially for a mono.
I may be reviving a need for a 375 :D

get a barrel vise from Brownells and switch yer own barrels on a whim and a fancy, big freakin deal if your cheap factory tomato stake has "barrel life" left, once your smith threads and chambers your new "special twist" barrel you can always switch back to the old beloved barrel when the mood arises for a heartfelt reunion !

I wish I was able to do barrel swaps but as of now I leave that to the competent smiths. I may very well rebarrel anyway. Funny mud brought it up but as all my fathers friends age late 60's they are moving from trusty old 30 cake to 25-06's.
And on a side note these hammers also have me thinking to have Kirby change my order to a 375 over the .338. I'm running out of time though. Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.