Halloween shooting.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Savagebien, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Savagebien

Savagebien Well-Known Member

got out today finally after being stuck in the house with mono this week for some shooting at the usual spot. Had some good results with shooting a 547y group, and 425y group, also was on at 735y too. Nothing out of the ordinary but some fun!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    classic Savage 11Gl .243, Bushnell 3200 10x40 MD 6-9 harris swivel with leg notches.
    [​IMG]

425y group

[​IMG]

547y group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. longrange.270

longrange.270 Well-Known Member

Why not show them my 735y holdover shot, too. I mean if we're bragging then we're bragging. It's hot!!! gun)

3. bigg_sexy1

bigg_sexy1 Well-Known Member

Thats some good shooting there Savage. How do you like that 3200 scope?

4. Savagebien

thanks bigg_sexy1, the 3200 has been great, totally reliable and i find 10x to be enough power for my shooting.

5. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that your ram in anatomically correct....did you have to pay extra for that?

Good shooting

6. Savagebien

hahhahahahhahahahahhah, no its from nra silhouette, thats just how they r. they shoot silhouette matches where i was shooting, but leave one at each dist for practice, i happened to hit him in his happy place the next 2 times i went up there, dont know how i managed it.

7. bigg_sexy1

Thats good to hear, a friend of mine has the same scope, but we have not used it too much yet. They seem to be a good bang for buck.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  8. Savagebien

i like it fine..... BUT dont know how it will b for hunting i've not rly hunted with this scope yet. no AO is lame but i do just fine, ive shot out to 850y and i could do fine there, 20"x20" steel plate. its rly a budget thing for now, so its fine.

9. bigg_sexy1

Its gets a guy out shooting I guess, and its working for you so far. I guess your like me, saving pennies for a NF, and then look out...

10. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it, my plates as of late look like swiss cheese. Those big 338's pack a whack way out there. The 300 RUM's were just puckering the plates and the Edge & AX blew right on threw.

Id rather spend money on powder and bullets rather than good steel plates.

11. Savagebien

yea steel plates aint cheap, and shooting my .243 is!

12. bigg_sexy1

I guess that I am lucky, I can just get steel from the scrap bin at work. A few minutes with the welder and presto, new target to blaze at.

13. Savagebien

lucky for sure :D