Hall Actions

Crane

I don't see much mentioned about Hall actions. Is this because they're bench rest only and not hunting? I'm curious because they are located about an hour from me...might have to stop in for a tour. Anyone with experience I would be curious of your impression.

I have seen a couple. Not bad priced around $900 $1000.
they are popular with the benchrest crowd.they make a falling block and the only sporter action I know about is a 22 clip feed.
I have seen a single shot varmint rifle with the hall medium action and it was a fine shooter.

I got a mail from some days ago from the owner, he said they have discontinued their falling block modell..

If you want one, buy a dakota single shot, Or ask nicely if you can buy an Miller action from them. They recently bought Millers company, wich is the single shot action with the fastest locktime in the world.

Any update on Hall actions? I'm looking at a couple used short range benchrest rifles with a Hall M action...any issues?

Also, I saw one opened up to BR bolt face, but being sold as capable of using ppc case too...obviously in a ppc barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.