Hailing from northern Wyoming

Welcome aboard. There seems to be something new and exciting everyday. This site can become very addictive!! Especially when it's windy and you can't get out and shoot.

Thanks for the welcome :cool:

cinch,
Welcome aboard. There seems to be something new and exciting everyday. This site can become very addictive!! Especially when it's windy and you can't get out and shoot.

If your waiting for the wind to stop blowing your probably not going to get much shooting done around Gillette :D It's been tough lately though, couple nice days then freezing rain, wind and snow and a couple more nice days!

xphunter,
Den
Welcome to long range hunting.
Have you done Lauck's comp before?

Yep, but it's been a few years now. We started doing our own matches at Camp Guernsey and the old National Guard range in Worland. We called them the Wyoming Rifleman Challenge events, up till this year we were doing five, two day events a year.

I'm taking a break this year :D

You can find me out on the Bishop Rd state land banging my "hidden" steel target.

Den

Den,
Depending on the style of shooting I would love to be involved with your local matches.
If you don't mind a guy using a specialty handgun.

Ernie Bishop

Welcome aboard!!
Been waiting for time off, warm but not too hot tempertures and a calm day to go out shooting:confused::confused::confused:

I've had to call 15 mile/hour shifting winds calm;) Makes hitting a prairie dog real interesting past 400 yards but we's gettin better!!

Den, do they still have the shoot at Worland. I am out from Cody and that wouldn't be to far for me. I would love to try that one. Also, later in the summer would love to shoot some prarie dogs with some of the Wyoming guys on here. I am hammered with no time for fun until late summer.

Den, do they still have the shoot at Worland. I am out from Cody and that wouldn't be to far for me. I would love to try that one. Also, later in the summer would love to shoot some prarie dogs with some of the Wyoming guys on here. I am hammered with no time for fun until late summer.

I doubt there will be any WRA shoots in Worland or Guernsey. We had been doing the shoots for the last 8 years and the whole thing had kind of stagnated last year, now with the price of fuel and ammo it's a good time to take a break.

Den

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.