H4350----Is it gone forever?

Got a pound in the reloading room, saw it at Cabela's the other day, along with my local reloading supply shop. We just can't get Federal 215's here in Michigan...

No , it's still alive and well but given it's a very popular powder with the cartridges(6mm/6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm/6.5x47L) used for PRS, it doesn't last long on the shelves and is on constant backorder.

I'm running off an 8lb jug I bought in Alaska 2yrs ago. I haven't seen more than a single 1lb container here in Missouri for the last year. This is what lead me to RL26, RL17, H4831sc and so on. I just can't rely on H4350 enough to bank a load on it.

I was down to about half a pound when cabelas got some in stock a while back. I picked up two eight pound jugs. Probably should have bought more but figured that would get me buy for a couple years and give another guy a chance at some. Good luck on your h4350 search.

Ramshot Hunter is one that everyone overlooks. Its a ball powder in the 4350 burn range and works fantastic in the 6.5 Creedmoor. Others that work great:
RL16, RL17, IMR 4451, H4831sc
there are more but I know those powders all work very well in the 6.5 creedmoor

They have 4 1lb containers at the local shop in town, all the same lot #. I have 3 in my supply I only use it for my sons 270.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.