Frustration Is Finally Gone!

7mmRemMag

Last hunting season I traded my browning hi power 9mm for my buddies Rem 700 300 win mag sps ss. He kept pushing me and pushing me to trade and I was hesitant because my browning was my first pistol and my absolute favorite! Did my CHL qualifying and renewals with it etc! So we trade, I throw two different loads at it and it didnt like em! So last week I decided to try a little gunsmithing and free floated the barrel. Made a run out to the ranch this morning and fired some groups and was pleased with the results! Amazing what a difference something so simple can make. One group is with the 185gr Berger VLD And the other with the 180gr Nosler Accubond. Both 100 Yards 3 shot groups. The gun is pretty much stock accept for the Jewel trigger my buddy had installed. Although the Accubond group is not the best, its way better than how it was previously shooting. I was already frustrated and regretting loosing my browning! But things look alot more promising now.

Attachments

• DSCN0869.JPG
    DSCN0869.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN0865.JPG
    DSCN0865.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 86
Thats good shooting. I'd be happy with either group. To be honest, I have had similar results with both bullets. Bergers shoot awesome, acubonds barely okay. Not as good as your remington though.
I know how hard it is to let some of our favorites go, but it looks like you made a good trade.

Thanks, yeah I think Im going to send her off for a muzzle brake. The recoil can definitely wake someone up! I didn't want to just throw money at it if she didn't show me a glimmer of hope first. Hopefully I can tighten up those groups in the future. Not quite like my 7mm but def better than she was before. Ive gotten real spoiled lately and want all my guns to shoot under 1MOA. Crazy I know but I can't help it! Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.