H1000, H4831SC, 127 LRX, 124 Hammer hunters

TX mountain hunter

Good afternoon. I have a few questions. My 6.5-280 AI has a decent almost max load With 62.5 gr of H1000 & 127 LRX. I'm looking at trying H4831SC with the same bullet and also with 124 hammer hunters. Any recommendations on where to start vs expect a similar max for each?

Good afternoon. I have a few questions. My 6.5-280 AI has a decent almost max load With 62.5 gr of H1000 & 127 LRX. I'm looking at trying H4831SC with the same bullet and also with 124 hammer hunters. Any recommendations on where to start vs expect a similar max for each?
No no idea, but I sure like that Bull in the avatar! Nice

From my general hammer loading experience, max load will end up 50-100fps faster than the Barnes. If you have case capacity I would drop down a grain or two or three from where you're at, and work up to max pressure. Maybe more if you want to be safe.

Thank you. I hadn't found much on that cartridge yet.

Anyone have experience how much less H4831SC to use vs H1000? From some Barnes data it looks as little as a grain less & hodgdon over 4 grains less (than H1000).

Thank you. I hadn't found much on that cartridge yet.

Anyone have experience how much less H4831SC to use vs H1000? From some Barnes data it looks as little as a grain less & hodgdon over 4 grains less (than H1000).
I'm surprised you haven't got more responses hang in there the vel and case capacity should be close too the prc I'm pretty sure I saw data on the 6.5-280 ai on the hammer hunter load data if you can't find what your looking for , call Steve at hammers and he will get you going with a load .

If you can or consider switching powders I can get you some load info for both bullets. I have a buddy with two rifles, cut from the same reamer. His speed and accuracy is phenomenal, let's just say the prc has been sitting for a while now