Gunsmith recommendations

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by txsendero, Mar 12, 2010.

1. txsendero

txsendero Well-Known Member

Looking for recommendations for gunsmiths to blueprint a Win Model 70 7WSM action, install barrel, chamber, crown & finish a customer supplied barrel.

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Pick any smith in the sponsors section and you will not go astray.

Jon

3. ebd10

ebd10 Well-Known Member

A big +1. Personally, I favor Chad Dixon (Long Rifles Inc.), for no other reason than I've met him and seen his work. He's a good guy and his skill can only be described as "gifted".

4. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

I'll second Chad Dixon. He's building a rifle for me now. His customer service is top notch. You won't be disappointed.
    Wes

5. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Jim See @ centershot rifles did a great job building my gun! I will have him build me another someday.

6. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

Jeff Walker built me an AWSOME rife, affordable and he builds quick (not backlogged much at all.) Also anyone of the sponsors you cant go bad with either.

7. R.C.Saul

R.C.Saul Well-Known Member

8. Greywolf18

Greywolf18 Well-Known Member

+1 for Jim See @ center shot rifles. Coincidentally I have a Winchester model 70 getting blue printed and rebarreled in 7WSM right now with him. I'll let you know in sept how it shoots when I get it!

9. mapsjanhere

mapsjanhere Active Member

Another +1 for Chad Dixon, his work rocks, took about 6 weeks from parts delivery to gun ready.

10. GNERGY

GNERGY Guest

I sent Jim See my barrel and action and got it back in 6 weeks. Looks great, still have to load some rounds and shoot it.
    Tarey

11. James H

James H Well-Known Member

Scott Weichel in Wylie, TX.
    Scott is a machinist for Jerry Stiller at Stillers Precision Firearms and does some gunsmithing also.

If your interested I'll PM you his cell number.

James

12. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good smiths on this site but I only have first hand knowledge with Jim See as others have mentioned already.

13. wschreiber

wschreiber New Member

I am currently having a rifle built by Jim See at Center Shot and I am very impressed with the quality of the work I have seen in his shop. He is very knowledgeable, has a wonderful personality, and his service prices are very reasonable.