Gunsmith for rechambering

BLASERMAN

This kind of touchy subject ,most people don't like these rifles. The German made Blaser R93 switch barrel. What myself and alot of Blaser shooters want is someone to rechamber some barrels. In the past there have been Smiths that did this but as of Late they seem to be nonexsistant.
Anyone know a smith that is willing to tackle a job likre this. They say that the steel on these Rifles are very hard.

Did you ever find anyone. I'm looking at a sauer 200 switch barrel thinking the 7mms mag to a stw. The 300 to a weatherby and improving the 375.

This kind of touchy subject ,most people don't like these rifles. The German made Blaser R93 switch barrel. What myself and alot of Blaser shooters want is someone to rechamber some barrels. In the past there have been Smiths that did this but as of Late they seem to be nonexsistant.
Anyone know a smith that is willing to tackle a job likre this. They say that the steel on these Rifles are very hard.

Maybe you should pm to Roe (Thomas Haugland) on this forum. He is a famous longrange shooter from Norway and uses frequently Blaser R93. I think that he has got some tips concerning rechambering of switch barrels. Good luck!

Due to the other topic here, Sauer 200/202, it would be the best to get (new) barrels made in the prefered calibres. New barrels you can get either from Sauer itself or Schultz & Larsen. If you'd like to have custom barrels from other producers you are in need of an adapter fitting to the switch - barrel solution of Sauer ... it's possible but kind of work.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.