Guns you sold regrettably

Every firearm I owned, I wish I still had. Could sell them for a small fortune today. Not only that most were beautiful collectables. I was never going to shoot most and got to the point that they were safe Queens/Kings and they funded other projects. Now we still have firearms that will never be shot by us. Will sell them to provide funds at the end of retirement.

Before I got married, I traded for a brand new Winchester 101 in 20 ga. Beautiful and quick handling shotgun. Long story but kids and family happened a few years later and I needed to sell it. Think about it often and wish I still had it. Kinda like my 66 GTO, same thing happened to it.

My first shotgun. Do not remember the brand. 20 ga bolt action with a detachable magazine.
Adjustable screw choke. Christmas present from my folks 50 years ago.

My first shotgun. Do not remember the brand. 20 ga bolt action with a detachable magazine.
I have the exact one. It's a Mossburg 20ga youth model goose gun, mine has the factory "C-Lect Choke". I don't care who you are, you can't bolt it fast enough to get a 2nd shot at the same bird unless they are wearing oxygen masks.

Yup. Stevens bolt action .410. Learned to hunt doves with it. Grandpa said he'd get me a pump like his 870 when I could bring back 2 birds for every three shells. I actually earned that pump after a couple seasons, but for some reason mine said Mossberg on the side! Of course the dove used to fly pretty thick back then south of San Antonio!

Yup. Stevens bolt action .410. Learned to hunt doves with it. Grandpa said he'd get me a pump like his 870 when I could bring back 2 birds for every three shells. I actually earned that pump after a couple seasons, but for some reason mine said Mossberg on the side! Of course the dove used to fly pretty thick back then south of San Antonio!
I'm thinking that Savage, Mossburg, Stevens, Glenfield, and even Springfield were affiliated somehow back in the 50's and '60's. I have a Steven's Springfield 22 that dad bought me used(?) when I was about 6, early "60's". Still have it, still shoots squirrels in the eyes when I do my part. It jams alot, it needs all new springs and had to weld the firing pin because it broke.

I'm thinking that Savage, Mossburg, Stevens, Glenfield, and even Springfield were affiliated somehow back in the 50's and '60's. I have a Steven's Springfield 22 that dad bought me used(?) when I was about 6, early "60's". Still have it, still shoots squirrels in the eyes when I do my part. It jams alot, it needs all new springs and had to weld the firing pin because it broke.
I know for sure Stevens & Savage were the same for a while. Marlin & Glenfield too.

In 1949 i sold my very first rifle, which was a model 94 Win in 30/30.
I was then 14 years old.
Actually my father did the selling and buying.
Anyway i wanted and got as a replacement, a brand new model 141 Remington pump in 35 Rem.
The gun cost new 105 dollars.
I had a receiver site mounted on it and used it for about six years.
I traded that on a model 760 Rem in 30/06, and used that for about the same amount of time.
I sold that and bought a bolt gun, a Savage model 110 also in 30/06 which hadnt been on the market very long at that point.
But guess what, i didnt sell that one, but instead i traded it to a guy in North Carolina, who advertised in Shotgun News that he had a Rem 700 BDL in 7 Rem mag. And it kicked too hard, so he wanted to trade it for a gun that kicked less, like a 30/06. lol
So my Savage found a home in North Carolina, and a like new 700 rem moved to a new home in Pa. and i never did hear how the 06 worked out for the guy.
And no i no longer have the 7 mag either.
I was going to tear it apart and use the action for a new build.
But a guy convinced me to trade it to him for his 270 700 rem.
And he gave me enough cash to open the bolt face on my gun and install a Sako extractor.
I do still have that one, chambered in 7x 300 Wetherby.
Have i ever regretted selling all those guns?
No, not for a minit have i been sorry.
But i do wish i had kept my first car, a 49 Chevy yellow convertible, and especially 3 cars later, the red 58 convertable.

In 1949 i sold my very first rifle, which was a model 94 Win in 30/30.
I was then 14 years old.
Actually my father did the selling and buying.
Anyway i wanted and got as a replacement, a brand new model 141 Remington pump in 35 Rem.
The gun cost new 105 dollars.
I had a receiver site mounted on it and used it for about six years.
I traded that on a model 760 Rem in 30/06, and used that for about the same amount of time.
I sold that and bought a bolt gun, a Savage model 110 also in 30/06 which hadnt been on the market very long at that point.
But guess what, i didnt sell that one, but instead i traded it to a guy in North Carolina, who advertised in Shotgun News that he had a Rem 700 BDL in 7 Rem mag. And it kicked too hard, so he wanted to trade it for a gun that kicked less, like a 30/06. lol
So my Savage found a home in North Carolina, and a like new 700 rem moved to a new home in Pa. and i never did hear how the 06 worked out for the guy.
And no i no longer have the 7 mag either.
I was going to tear it apart and use the action for a new build.
But a guy convinced me to trade it to him for his 270 700 rem.
And he gave me enough cash to open the bolt face on my gun and install a Sako extractor.
I do still have that one, chambered in 7x 300 Wetherby.
Have i ever regretted selling all those guns?
No, not for a minit have i been sorry.
But i do wish i had kept my first car, a 49 Chevy yellow convertible, and especially 3 cars later, the red 58 convertable.
I have a 7_300 WM and love it so far.i had to stop shooting right after I built it.My 2st real car was 64 zplymouth top trim,hardtop.it was 1 of less than 8 or 900made that. 225 slant 6, 4bbl, dual exaust,small cam and guaranteed by chrysler to run Daytona over 120 with their driver and the 4 speed, with hurst Competition plus shifter, eventually a Mr. Gasket Vertigate Shifter. Black roll and pleat interrior. Not knowing what I had, I pulled the 6, put in a formula S 273, cammed bad, intake, holley, fenderwall headers and tooo much more to list here. It was basically a Gas class drag car that I drove on the street. My future father in law was retired S.C.Highway Patrol. That went over like the proverbial turd in the punch bowl.

An old Winchester pump 12 guage. Can't remember if it's called a 1200 or 1400. Was stupid and thought I needed a modern 3.5" gun more and sold that oldie to buy one. Regret. The slide on that Winchester was the definition of fast and smooth and the gun bluing was real quality. 2.75" shells ain't so bad, I miss that gun and should not have sold it.

A ruger 10:22 carbine stainless synthetic. Not a particularly rare or expensive piece but mine had tens of thousands of rounds through it and was so broken in, felt like an extension of my body and cycled flawlessly and aggressively. The 10/22 and other semi autos I bought after just haven't felt the same. I regret selling that one.

An old Winchester pump 12 guage. Can't remember if it's called a 1200 or 1400. Was stupid and thought I needed a modern 3.5" gun more and sold that oldie to buy one. Regret. The slide on that Winchester was the definition of fast and smooth and the gun bluing was real quality. 2.75" shells ain't so bad, I miss that gun and should not have sold it.

A ruger 10:22 carbine stainless synthetic. Not a particularly rare or expensive piece but mine had tens of thousands of rounds through it and was so broken in, felt like an extension of my body and cycled flawlessly and aggressively. The 10/22 and other semi autos I bought after just haven't felt the same. I regret selling that one.
I think it was a Win. 1200 ranger. They were known for compressing the action on discharge and mine actually opens the slide about 1/3 of the way without me even touching it. I think that that it was my first 12 ga. With the right choke it would just about decapitate a turkey with the old 3" plastic red ACTIV #6's shells About the only pump that I know of that is any faster is the Ithaca 37 that you can hold the trigger and just pump. I've got one that was Law Enforcement Riot Gun in pretty good shape. I do wish that it had the longer magazine. It doesn't take long to empty it.