Gun inventory app

billywreid

Maybe this has been ask before but I am unable to find anything on it. What is a good easy gun inventory app to keep track of them in the case of theft? I have seen a few but want to know what folks are using.

Never thought of an app for that, not sure I would like that idea. I use a spread sheet with gun make, caliber, serial number, price, any extra comments, and if its an heirloom or can be sold. I update it every now and then and also include scope, suppressors and other sacred outdoors equipment. I then make two copies of it updated and store them in fireproof safes in separate areas with pictures of everything on the list.

Excel spreadsheet per rifle w/ scope and details of build or extras and another of inventory w/ brief description each of all. Just recently made one on reloading equip't and range/shooting equip't. Stored on 2 thumb drives. Everyone needs to check their homeowners policy. You may need to add some extra coverage. Pretty cheap to do so. Also of reloading components. It will surprise you!
Oh.......forgot to ad.....DON'T LET YOUR WIFE SEE IT!!!!

+1 on the Excell spreadsheet, I also keep LH & RH pics in a PowerPoint presentation. Message me and I can send you a blank spreadsheet. The cool thing about excell is you can sort based on any column, alphabetically, by caliber, by value, by purchase price, by purchase date...etc. And have it automatically add totals.

If you have USAA insurance you can just send them that.

+2 on the extra policy regarding firearms, most only cover $1500 in guns, jewelry. It is real easy to have 20K in rifles/scopes, pistols, shotguns....in ONE safe.

Last edited:
Never thought of an app for that, not sure I would like that idea. I use a spread sheet with gun make, caliber, serial number, price, any extra comments, and if its an heirloom or can be sold. I update it every now and then and also include scope, suppressors and other sacred outdoors equipment. I then make two copies of it updated and store them in fireproof safes in separate areas with pictures of everything on the list.
Good idea on the heirloom or sellable!

Nothing on my computer or phone about my inventory. I keep mine the old fashioned way-- on paper. I have a file with pics of the firearm and serial number-- I made a form I put the pictures on and have info on make/model/cartridge/twist/bbl length/etc on . I keep 2 copies in different places in case of theft or fire. "Mine" all belong to a specific firearm trust so I also keep beneficiary info on each one too

My spreadsheet includes S/Ns of the rifles and scopes, purchase dates, cost of components, modifications, gunsmithing costs, etc. pictures are on a separate sheet. All are filed electronically. Hard and e-copies are also stored in a safe deposit box.
I've run pretty much this exact same system for the past 30 years. Started tracking this kind of detailed information in xl as soon as I figured out how to use the program.

It has been tweaked and fine-tuned over the years to include additional info, but pretty much exactly as FEENIX laid it out.

Excel onto a flash drive might be my best option then. I was hoping there was a static app of some sort that had picture capabilites for each firearm. Thank you everyone for your responses.