Greetings from eastern WA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by archerross, Aug 18, 2009.

1. archerross

archerross Member

Hello all,

I've been haunting this and other forums for some time and finally decided to intro myself.

I am 35 y/o and currently working on an advanced degree at WSU in Pullman, WA. I've been reloading, shooting, and hunting since I was a kid in western PA and honed my spot and stalk skills on elk and big mulies while living in MT for a dozen years.

I am obsessed with accuracy and finally took the big plunge into a custom rifle setup for long distance hunting and shooting. In March, my custom 6.5-284 LRH (long range hunter) built on a Ruger M77 Mark II action was completed. It sports a 26 inch #4 contour Brux 1:8.5 barrel, H.S. precision stock, custom muzzle brake, Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 Rapid Z-800 scope, and Harris bipod. Comes in at about 11.5 lbs. Looks like I need to up date the picture. :D

[​IMG]

142 gr SMK with H4831sc and Fed210M primers in Lapua brass is my goto load for long distance targets (out to 800 yds so far), strong 1/2 moa accuracy. I am working a hunting load with the 130 gr Scirocco's and H1000, but haven't quite dialed that one in ...yet (strong 3/4-1 moa accuracy). I am also looking at the 140 gr Accubond as a potential hunting bullet. I can't wait to get a crack at some long range critters this fall in eastern WA and MT (drew elk-deer tag).

My current biggest frustration is the lack of publically available places to shoot long distance within 2.5 hrs of Pullman. If anyone knows of a place, I'd appreciate knowing the secret location. :rolleyes:

Best

2. bwaites

bwaites Well-Known Member

There is a 1000 yard range at Rattlesnake Mountain, just outside Richland, WA. which is right at your self described 2.5 hour drive:

TRI-CITIES SHOOTING ASSOCIATION (TCSA)

There is a long range shoot every April east of Pullman at Boomershoot:

Boomershoot!

Contact the owner of that site, Joe Huffman, and he can probably give you some more ideas of places closer to you.

Welcome to the forum!!

Bill