Greetings from Eastern WA.

GOCougs3006

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and fairly new to long range hunting. I have been hunting since I was 11 (so 17 years) and have recently got into long range shooting and hunting. I grew up in the heart of the Palouse in Eastern Washington hunting whitetails, elk, coyotes and all sorts of birds. I recenlty purchased a Weatherby .300 win mag which is my first long range hunting weapon and I am sure it will not be my last.

Fellow Coug (class of '06)! Welcome to the site! How did you set up your weapon??? I miss the Palouse and being able to drive 10 minutes to go chase uplands everyday!

Class of '07. I'm still in the process of getting my .300 set up. I've been pretty limited on funds, so I started with a Weatherby Vanguard S2 and put a Timney trigger in it and then bedded it in a B&C Medalist stock. This is going to be my primary mountain gun so I wanted it to be a little more light weight. I have it topped with a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50. I'm still working on develpoing a load for it. I'm currently working with 200 grain Accubonds, but I'm going to test some VLD's and some E-tips too. I live in Spokane now, so its not as close as I'd like, but I still make it down there as much as I can.

Welcome, lived a few years in the Ritzville area, worked all over Eastern Wa on the big green boxes. Some of the most fabulous long range coyote country available, light snow and catch them in the summer fallow, hard to beat!!!!

Greetings fellow "Coug". I grduated WSU in '72. Used to live near Naches. Did a little hunting on the Snake when I was in college. Shot a LOT of rockchucks in those days with a .22-250.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.